Texas

Yay! I was able to get one coat of the base color on! I did a second coat around the door and windows so I could hang and trim those out . Supposed to have bad weather again this weekend so I doubt I'll get any more coats on.

Sorry for the absence. We've been busy at work. I figured out tonight that my chickens enjoy both choir music and orchestra music. This is a great deal since I am an ex-choral guy myself, and my wife is an orchestra teacher. The critters LOVE it. Hope this post finds everyone well and happy. If not, then consider yourself in my prayers this evening. Chicken up y'all! (Couldn't resist the lame joke)
lau.gif

Japanese? They are so gorgeous! The roosters' tails stand up very high and almost touch their heads. Congratulations on your new birds!
They are! I can't have roo's though. I wonder how loud they are. They are so tiny.... Big noise in a small package? Or quite? Maybe I could sneak one in if they are quiet. ;)

That is too cute. :)

I pickup all the glass baking dishes I can find at Goodwill,etc. to use for my feed bowls
smile.png
Great idea! We have a thrift store in town that always has tons of kitchen stuff. I'll have to swing by.

My husband wasn't doing too well earlier today, couldn't hold anything down but I believe thats because they gave him codeine even though he already told several people he was allergic to it. They took him off morphine, gave him stronger nausea meds & different pain medicine, he sounds much better this evening, his donated kidney is doing fabulous for the recipient
fl.gif
Glad things are going better for your hubby and great for the recipient. Is the recipient a family member?

Yay! I was able to get one coat of the base color on! I did a second coat around the door and windows so I could hang and trim those out . Supposed to have bad weather again this weekend so I doubt I'll get any more coats on.

Looking good. I wouldn't count the weekend as a loss just yet. The weatherman hasn't exactly been spot on with the rainy weather forecasts lately. Man is it dry!

Wow I guess texas had alot of chicken farmers I breed chickens for a living and quail and rabbits but I love chickens lol

Glad he is doing better now! Howdy neighbor! :frow I live between Longview and Henderson. Welcome to BYC and the Texas thread! You can try this feed, Texas Natural Feed. I don't think it's organic, but it is non GMO and non Soy. Lone Star Farm Supply on Lone Star St. in Henderson carries it. Also Horaney's in Longview carries it. That is what I'm using for my chicks. This is their site: http://www.texasnaturalfeeds.com/ Lisa, here's my baby that is similiar to yours. She is now pushing 3 weeks and has no tail feathers yet.
So stinking cute!

My husband wasn't doing too well earlier today, couldn't hold anything down but I believe thats because they gave him codeine even though he already told several people he was allergic to it. They took him off morphine, gave him stronger nausea meds & different pain medicine, he sounds much better this evening, his donated kidney is doing fabulous for the recipient
Thanks to everyone for the kind words :hugs He donated to the wife of a friend of his-neither the husband or their daughter had healthy enough kidneys to donate

Looking good! This weather has been a problem for painting hasn't it?

Our rain isn't supposed to be here till later this afternoon. We'll be heading to Lowes soon to get the materials to finish the roost and brooder. Have a great day everyone!

Hi there! I'm in the Henderson area (Rusk County) and was wondering if anyone in the area knows of a feed store that carries organic non-gmo chicken feed. Thanks!

I'm going to be trying Coyote Creek feed. They designed a "breeder" formula when I asked them about it earlier this week. There web site is:
www.CoyoteCreekFarm.org

Has anyone fed their feed before?

In the past, I've used Texas Natural, non GMO, non soy.

I wanted something that is good for everyone, including the roosters.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words
hugs.gif
He donated to the wife of a friend of his-neither the husband or their daughter had healthy enough kidneys to donate
You both are wonderful people for doing this--your husband, of course, for the obvious; and you for allowing it. I hope the recipient's family and friends are helping you with all the chores I know you have. Bless you both.

Looking good! Are you getting excited???

Lisa, here's my baby that is similiar to yours. She is now pushing 3 weeks and has no tail feathers yet.

CUTE!!!

GOOD MORNING FELLOW TEXANS!

My little ones attacked the ff. I am off to a good start this morning. Later today I will try to introduce them to Lena.

Don't forget to set your clocks forward tonight--Daylight Savings starts.

Have a GREAT day!

Lisa :)

Back
Top Bottom