Texas

Morning fellow Texans!

Cold, wet and dreary in my part of the world. Had to make a quick trip to town to get some linoleum for my poop board. This cold/wet stuff makes my joints ache. Off to work on my coop. Have a great day everyone!

How does the interactive link work??
You need to be logged onto a google account to be able to add yourself to the map. Once you are logged on to your Google account and you are at the map, click on the red EDIT button and you can add your location and something about yourself if you want to. Be careful, it is easy to move other people around by mistake. Good luck.
smile.png

I use H & H it's non gmo/no soy
I've used H & H, but some of the corn in it is roasted and I ferment. So, the corn gets soggy. Eww.

As for the Texas Natural Feeds, it has peanuts as the protein and the peanuts are not organic. I'm concerned about the aflatoxin in the peanuts, so have steered clear of it, though the price point is tempting.

I've been buying Scratch and Peck through Azure Standard. It's a crumble, but the grains are easy to see. I ferment and the chickens from babies on up love it. I also sprout when I have time.

I've used H & H, but some of the corn in it is roasted and I ferment. So, the corn gets soggy. Eww.

As for the Texas Natural Feeds, it has peanuts as the protein and the peanuts are not organic. I'm concerned about the aflatoxin in the peanuts, so have steered clear of it, though the price point is tempting.

I've been buying Scratch and Peck through Azure Standard. It's a crumble, but the grains are easy to see. I ferment and the chickens from babies on up love it. I also sprout when I have time.
I found Scratch and Peck the other day and thought it looked good. There weren't any dealers listed near me so I would have to order it. Bryant is supposed to have a good feed that is almost organic.

I need to find out what the chicks are eating and also figure out what I will be using. I am going the FF route too. Need to read up on that again.

Morning everyone.

Quick question. I just hatched out some adorable bantam ameraucanas. I'm very excited that I got a little lavender/silver coloured one. Unfortunately she doesn't seem to be doing very well. We was partly stuck inside her egg so I did end up assisting her after 24 hours. She is able to stand and cheep and is pretty lively, but it's been nearly two days and she hasn't eaten anything. I have dipped her beak in the water and food, she just doesn't seem interested. She runs around with all the others and isn't droopy, but wont eat. I am worried that she is about to run out of the nutrients from her yolk sac and die. Everyone else has a full crop. Help!

I've been buying Scratch and Peck through Azure Standard. It's a crumble, but the grains are easy to see. I ferment and the chickens from babies on up love it.  I also sprout when I have time.

I ferment & don't have a problem except the smell is worse because of the fish meal :(

I am so glad to hear your husband is home.  He will get some extra loving! 

Goodness 2 raccoons!  Have you been able to tell how they got in?  I hope you catch them all!  I am so sorry for the loss of your chickens.  Are the others okay?

Lisa :)
[/quote]
Lisa the one's getting killed are the freeranging game hens that roost in the trees, those **** raccoons are good climbers :(

Back
Top Bottom