Texas

I have 12 baby velociraptors. I fed them live meal worms today, and they went crazy. One moment, quiet peaceful little chicks, and the next a frenzy of chicks running every which way at incredible speed. They learned really fast not to just run around with a worm in their mouth, but to actually eat it. Now, instead of running from my hand, they run to it and just bite hoping for a meal worm. I'll have to be careful I never fall on the ground around this crew--I think they might eat me. They learned to eat the meal worms faster than did the four 6 to 8 month old bantam Cochins that came this year.

I'm soooo happy. My hubby got a wild streak today and tore down the last old out building on our place. It had been there for 20 years. Falling down and rusted. He's going to build a new pole barn for his shop and I get room for more chickens..YEAH!

I'm having a couple chicken problems and am hoping to get some insight! A week ago I got 10 RIR laying hens and a friend of ours mentioned the medicine to put in their water just in case they had any sickness (we didn't get them from the cleanest place). So we got Duramycin and have been putting it in their water. First question: what is a good withdrawal period till the eggs are edible again?

Second issue: 2 of them (a RIR and mix hen I had prior) started coughing. Not continuously but every once in a while. This morning they didn't have water and we went to moving things around in the coop so they didn't have water for awhile. It was after I gave them water they all started chugging it basically and then the coughing came. Coincidence...or is that the cause?

5 miles north of willis...sounds like home!! I live in new waverly...someone real nearby has a good load of chickens that is ive seen...is that you?
Maybe. I kinda live off the beaten path. About a mile off any big road. There are other folks out here that have chickens too. My roo talks to my neighbors' quite often. Just got our birds the first of November so am new to chickens. Our neighbor across the road had 17 grown birds that she couldn't keep anymore so she gave them to us. This is an awesome forum. I have learned so much. I'm not much on social media but in here we all have the same interest so I enjoy it.

I'm having a couple chicken problems and am hoping to get some insight! A week ago I got 10 RIR laying hens and a friend of ours mentioned the medicine to put in their water just in case they had any sickness (we didn't get them from the cleanest place). So we got Duramycin and have been putting it in their water. First question: what is a good withdrawal period till the eggs are edible again?

Second issue: 2 of them (a RIR and mix hen I had prior) started coughing. Not continuously but every once in a while. This morning they didn't have water and we went to moving things around in the coop so they didn't have water for awhile. It was after I gave them water they all started chugging it basically and then the coughing came. Coincidence...or is that the cause?

Either way...i live in new waverly on old family land. If you are 5mi north of willis we are def neighbors despite what path you take. Any of the people that have been put here can vouch that my path isnt paved either. What do you raise?

Either way...i live in new waverly on old family land. If you are 5mi north of willis we are def neighbors despite what path you take. Any of the people that have been put here can vouch that my path isnt paved either. What do you raise?
To the best of my knowledge we have 6 pro reds, 6 RIR, 2 sebright, 2 catalana, one mixed roo and 3 pullets that we hatched from these birds so they are mixed also.

Here are couple of pics

Back
Top Bottom