Texas

Here's some silly stuff for a Friday afternoon.

Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road?

SARAH PALIN: The chicken crossed the road because, gosh-darn it, he's a maverick!

BARACK OBAMA: Let me be perfectly clear, if the chickens like their eggs they can keep their eggs. No chicken will be required to cross the road to surrender her eggs. Period.

JOHN McCAIN: My friends, the chicken crossed the road because he recognized the need to engage in cooperation and dialogue with all the chickens on the other side of the road.

HILLARY CLINTON: What difference at this point does it make why the chicken crossed the road.

GEORGE W. BUSH: We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road or not. The chicken is either with us or against us. There is no middle ground here.

DICK CHENEY: Where's my gun?

COLIN POWELL: Now to the left of the screen, you can clearly see the satellite image of the chicken crossing the road.

BILL CLINTON: I did not cross the road with that chicken.

AL GORE: I invented the chicken.

Lunch today was brought in by a Thai restaurant and I got the leftovers. This thing was full and I'm putting it in zip bags to freeze for the chickens.

Lunch today was brought in by a Thai restaurant and I got the leftovers. This thing was full and I'm putting it in zip bags to freeze for the chickens.
Lucky chickens...lol
That looks good! I love Thai...and Vietnamese..and Japanese...etc
I just love food actually.

Ooh! Speaking of which! I cooked my first lobster on Wednesday. I butter poached it and served it over steak (date night in).
My arteries did not thank me, but my tastebuds did.

Here's some silly stuff for a Friday afternoon.

Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road?

SARAH PALIN: The chicken crossed the road because, gosh-darn it, he's a maverick!

BARACK OBAMA: Let me be perfectly clear, if the chickens like their eggs they can keep their eggs. No chicken will be required to cross the road to surrender her eggs. Period.

JOHN McCAIN: My friends, the chicken crossed the road because he recognized the need to engage in cooperation and dialogue with all the chickens on the other side of the road.

HILLARY CLINTON: What difference at this point does it make why the chicken crossed the road.

GEORGE W. BUSH: We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road or not. The chicken is either with us or against us. There is no middle ground here.

DICK CHENEY: Where's my gun?

COLIN POWELL: Now to the left of the screen, you can clearly see the satellite image of the chicken crossing the road.

BILL CLINTON: I did not cross the road with that chicken.

AL GORE: I invented the chicken.
yuckyuck.gif

My Stag

To all my friends: Little Charlie came to life early this morning (2:45am) in Nha Trang, Vietnam, weighing 7:01 lbs. His first word was "happy birthday daddy". The doctor previously predicted Mar 20, my guess was mid March; but Charlie'c choice is Mar 14 so he can have the same celebration with the dad every year. This is a perfect case of "On Time Delivery". The mom did well, starting to have pain as of 4am, went to the doctor at 7am, and let Charlie made his path.

Our plan is awaiting Immigration to approve our application and both of them to come to Texas by the Fall.

A perfect Friday, I may say ... will have pix later when I go home.
Thats pretty cool he was born on your birthday. Congratulations!

You posted this and I just had to go there! Not only did I get the brownie recipe but others. The recipe for breakfast cupcakes is great. I love to cook simple stuff and sometimes make breakfast treats for our Sunday morning bible study. These will be great and easier than breakfst burritos. Thanks lady!
You are welcome. They have a wonderful site. The Pioneer Woman's recipes are awesome too. Pennies and Pancakes is another good one.

Lucky chickens...lol
That looks good! I love Thai...and Vietnamese..and Japanese...etc
I just love food actually.

Ooh! Speaking of which! I cooked my first lobster on Wednesday. I butter poached it and served it over steak (date night in).
My arteries did not thank me, but my tastebuds did.
You need to come over and cook for me. Yum!!

Looking for an egg basket? This one is similar to mine. :) It you order it tell them you are the "jealous friend". ;) lol!

My Stag

To all my friends: Little Charlie came to life early this morning (2:45am) in Nha Trang, Vietnam, weighing 7:01 lbs. His first word was "happy birthday daddy". The doctor previously predicted Mar 20, my guess was mid March; but Charlie'c choice is Mar 14 so he can have the same celebration with the dad every year. This is a perfect case of "On Time Delivery". The mom did well, starting to have pain as of 4am, went to the doctor at 7am, and let Charlie made his path.

Our plan is awaiting Immigration to approve our application and both of them to come to Texas by the Fall.

A perfect Friday, I may say ... will have pix later when I go home.

Congratulations. Beat wishes for mother and baby.

You are welcome. They have a wonderful site. The Pioneer Woman's recipes are awesome too. Pennies and Pancakes is another good one.

You need to come over and cook for me. Yum!!

Looking for an egg basket? This one is similar to mine. :) It you order it tell them you are the "jealous friend". ;) lol!
I love to cook! Lol. As soon as I get my oven fixed I'm going to be making sooo much more. And Next time I can afford to make lobster, I'll make one for you too ;) Is that the same place you got yours from?? I just got paid today...you're going to get me in trouble...lol But I DO NEED one....for when they start laying this summer...hehe. Why not be prepared?

I talked to a lady about my coop! She and her husband are engineers and build as a hobby. I just told her I want something simple, but sturdy, with good ventilation and off the ground. I got this neat rending back where I could look at it from every angle. Here are some screenshots I took:

I'm painting it myself so the color isn't accurate.
The red squares are all the moving parts: 2 windows that open for ventilation, clean out door, nest box, etc.
And it looks like theirs plenty of ventilation at the top (it'll be covered of course). The roof is slanted So I think I may eventually do a rain barrel set up...you know in case it EVER rains here
hu.gif

It's not 100% to scale. And there are some things that aren't shown, like the trim, legs (it'll be 8-10" off the ground), or wheels.
I wasn't going to get wheels, but I figure since we rent it's better to have them on there for when we move in a few years. And I know the landlord is weather treating the fence in april so I'm sure I'll move it then. It's 4x8x5 I think she said.
I'm getting a more detailed rendering and a cost breakdown later tonight.
I'm so excited!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom