Texas

Here is what I submitted for the company newsletter .. next week Double Feature In June 2013, Hung Nguyen went to Vietnam to meet his girl friend. Together they went on a long tour from South to Central Vietnam. Their final destination was Nha-Trang - her home town, where they hosted a small engagement party. In Christmas, Hung skipped Thermon party to return to Nha –Trang and marry Minh-Trang Thi Nguyen on Dec 28, 2013. Along with the guests was Hung’s unborn son at that time. Now, on March 14, 2014, at 2:45am (CT) little Charlie Cuong Nguyen arrived, weighing 7:01 lbs. His first word was “Happy Birthday Daddy”. Charlie chose to come out a week early so he can celebrate birthday with his daddy each and every year. This is a perfect case of “on time delivery”! Hung Nguyen is our Corporate Quality Manager at Thermon-San Marcos. The Nguyens are awaiting the approval of Minh-Trang’s Immigration application. Hung’s plan is to bring the mom and the son to Texas this Fall, in time for the next Thermon Christmas party.
My goodness he is too cute!

Here is what I submitted for the company newsletter .. next week

Double Feature

In June 2013, Hung Nguyen went to Vietnam to meet his girl friend. Together they went on a long tour from South to Central Vietnam. Their final destination was Nha-Trang - her home town, where they hosted a small engagement party. In Christmas, Hung skipped Thermon party to return to Nha –Trang and marry Minh-Trang Thi Nguyen on Dec 28, 2013. Along with the guests was Hung’s unborn son at that time. Now, on March 14, 2014, at 2:45am (CT) little Charlie Cuong Nguyen arrived, weighing 7:01 lbs. His first word was “Happy Birthday Daddy”. Charlie chose to come out a week early so he can celebrate birthday with his daddy each and every year. This is a perfect case of “on time delivery”!

Hung Nguyen is our Corporate Quality Manager at Thermon-San Marcos. The Nguyens are awaiting the approval of Minh-Trang’s Immigration application. Hung’s plan is to bring the mom and the son to Texas this Fall, in time for the next Thermon Christmas party.

Very handsome boy, just like his Daddy! I wish there was a way for you to hold your new son. Again congratulations!!

Lisa :)

Here's some silly stuff for a Friday afternoon. 

Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road?

SARAH PALIN:  The chicken crossed the road because, gosh-darn it, he's a maverick!

BARACK OBAMA: Let me be perfectly clear, if the chickens like their eggs they can keep their eggs.  No chicken will be required to cross the road to surrender her eggs.  Period. 

JOHN McCAIN:  My friends, the chicken crossed the road because he recognized the need to engage in cooperation and dialogue with all the chickens on the other side of the road.

HILLARY CLINTON:  What difference at this point does it make why the chicken crossed the road.

GEORGE W. BUSH:  We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road.  We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road or not.  The chicken is either with us or against us.  There is no middle ground here.

DICK CHENEY:  Where's my gun?

COLIN POWELL:  Now to the left of the screen, you can clearly see the satellite image of the chicken crossing the road.

BILL CLINTON:  I did not cross the road with that chicken.

AL GORE:  I invented the chicken.

:highfive:

Here is what I submitted for the company newsletter .. next week Double Feature In June 2013, Hung Nguyen went to Vietnam to meet his girl friend. Together they went on a long tour from South to Central Vietnam. Their final destination was Nha-Trang - her home town, where they hosted a small engagement party. In Christmas, Hung skipped Thermon party to return to Nha –Trang and marry Minh-Trang Thi Nguyen on Dec 28, 2013. Along with the guests was Hung’s unborn son at that time. Now, on March 14, 2014, at 2:45am (CT) little Charlie Cuong Nguyen arrived, weighing 7:01 lbs. His first word was “Happy Birthday Daddy”. Charlie chose to come out a week early so he can celebrate birthday with his daddy each and every year. This is a perfect case of “on time delivery”! Hung Nguyen is our Corporate Quality Manager at Thermon-San Marcos. The Nguyens are awaiting the approval of Minh-Trang’s Immigration application. Hung’s plan is to bring the mom and the son to Texas this Fall, in time for the next Thermon Christmas party.
Congrats & Happy Birthday :woot

Here's some silly stuff for a Friday afternoon.

Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road?

SARAH PALIN: The chicken crossed the road because, gosh-darn it, he's a maverick!

BARACK OBAMA: Let me be perfectly clear, if the chickens like their eggs they can keep their eggs. No chicken will be required to cross the road to surrender her eggs. Period.

JOHN McCAIN: My friends, the chicken crossed the road because he recognized the need to engage in cooperation and dialogue with all the chickens on the other side of the road.

HILLARY CLINTON: What difference at this point does it make why the chicken crossed the road.

GEORGE W. BUSH: We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road or not. The chicken is either with us or against us. There is no middle ground here.

DICK CHENEY: Where's my gun?

COLIN POWELL: Now to the left of the screen, you can clearly see the satellite image of the chicken crossing the road.

BILL CLINTON: I did not cross the road with that chicken.

AL GORE: I invented the chicken.
revised:

BILL CLINTON: I did not have sex with that chick.

Last edited:
Cackle. We had an order from them last year and only lost 1 out of 40ish, it was the hatchery surprise so I don't remember how many there were exactly. I received an order from them a couple of weeks before this order, Cinnamon Queens and EE, they all did great. We had a lot of losses from our first Ideal order this year too but it was super cold when they shipped out and I just didn't order enough chicks, the next order from them was great.

Its so hard when you have a group that does wonderful and do the same thing and keep having losses. I will say that before I've never had losses after the first 24/48 time frame....this shipment they just kept dying for a week...

If it is what I think it is, it is cause by bacteria in the incubator. It might not be anything the supplier could have done better--an egg could have broken and contaminated the eggs around it.

I am fermenting feed!
I bought a 50 pound bag of chick starter and have 2 cups of it fermenting. I wish they had a 25 pound bag.....

It is so windy today! Gusts are over 30mph. And it is a cold wind. :( I got some tomato plants and herbs for the garden. Not planting them yet. If I do we are sure to have another freeze. I normally would be planting my garden soon. I'm waiting a week or two this year. I don't think my carrots are going to grow either. :( I had saved the seeds from last year (properly stored) and they haven't sprouted and the ones I have on a wet paper towel aren't sprouting either. I guess I could pick up some seeds and see how they do. I really liked the ones I had last year.

I had talked myself out of getting the silkies this morning while out running around and then I come home and get on here and, enabling is going on! Now I'm not sure whether to get them or not.

I've read my yard (about 7,000 square ft) will be good for 3-5 chickens. The chickens won't have access to the whole yard though. Just the back yard. Not sure how big that is. It's good sized though. Will 5-6 full size hens and 3 silkies be too much for my yard?

I bet you'll find the Silkies your favorite chickens! Just sayin'. They are feather footed, so they won't trash your yard as much as the Ameraucana will. Your Ameraucana needs some buddies--go get those Silkies!

My Stag

To all my friends: Little Charlie came to life early this morning (2:45am) in Nha Trang, Vietnam, weighing 7:01 lbs. His first word was "happy birthday daddy". The doctor previously predicted Mar 20, my guess was mid March; but Charlie'c choice is Mar 14 so he can have the same celebration with the dad every year. This is a perfect case of "On Time Delivery". The mom did well, starting to have pain as of 4am, went to the doctor at 7am, and let Charlie made his path.

Our plan is awaiting Immigration to approve our application and both of them to come to Texas by the Fall.

A perfect Friday, I may say ... will have pix later when I go home.

Congratulations!!!!

Back
Top Bottom