Texas

The reduced smell of poop and reduced fly population won me over. How do you do fermented feed? I'd like to try if for my chickens, ducks, and geese. I saw the link but need the cliff notes version as I am going after feed and supplies for my flock in a bit. I wasn't fully prepared for laying ducks. I need oyster shell and a non-medicated laying mash for them. I have flockraiser crumble for my chick and geese, and of coarse grit.

You dont need anything special. You can ferment your regular feed. All you need is a bucket with a loose fitting lid or an ice chest works well too. Just put your feed in it, cover the feed with water, stir it up a couple times a day and in a couple of days you will smell the fermentation.

Our Ladies enjoying some worms. Yum!
(Left to Right: Red, Goldie, Olive, Shed & Fred)

TieDyeMommy

Last edited:
You dont need anything special. You can ferment your regular feed. All you need is a bucket with a loose fitting lid or an ice chest works well too. Just put your feed in it, cover the feed with water, stir it up a couple times a day and in a couple of days you will smell the fermentation.

Thanks! I'll get a batch going tonight!

Do you add acv too?
I wanted to start awhile ago but never got around to it because it seemed complicated...but I have feed, water, a cooler with lid, and ACV with the mother, if that matters...

Back
Top Bottom