Texas

My yorkie family!

great idea! Am sure they feel safe in the crate.

The chickens ran the ducks off and have scratched all the bedding out of the crate. So Ebony has yet to lay. I keep shooing the chickens off, but the ducks run too. It's a zoo here and no body listens, lol.

I'll set the second dog crate up in a different part of the yard. Maybe with 2 crates in opposite corners the ducks can get 1 before the chickens attack! Lol

Anyone know how good of a mother a jersey giant is? I am quite curious x3 She was off the nest today when I got home getting some nibbles but then she quickly returned to the nest and has been clucking abnormally the entire time, like she is talking to her eggs. She had two more eggs under her today, my other two hens must have been sneaky and laid while she was out haha, I made them a temp nest across from hers. My birds are nesting on the floor till I can make them boxes. They seem to like it though, after all chickens are ground nesting birds. I need to make a ramp for when the chicks hatch, but I guess I have 25-26 days to make a ramp for them. I just have a cinder block step for my ladies. It is funny, I would have figured that my buff brahma or arucana would become broody before my jersey ever would. =)

We have a new addition to the ranch 2 weeks ago. Markie is a Red Bone coon hound, about 2.5 moths, a free gift from a friend. He walks around without disturbing the baby chicks.

PS: Markie is tired of standing on the 2 back legs. How do I turn the pix around ???

Back
Top Bottom