Texas

My husband & I think we're ready to expand our flock. We want to get 3 to 5 new pullets, around 2 or 4 months old...we are fairly certain we're not ready to handle young chicks just yet. I thought I'd check here first. Anyone in the Austin area looking to sell some lovely ladies to us?

My husband & I think we're ready to expand our flock. We want to get 3 to 5 new pullets, around 2 or 4 months old...we are fairly certain we're not ready to handle young chicks just yet. I thought I'd check here first. Anyone in the Austin area looking to sell some lovely ladies to us?

I don't have any but there are a BUNCH on Craigslist, starting around now through September they seem to be listed at rock bottom prices. I guess it has to do with the heat and people not wanting to spend so much time on them.

i have the luck. we have new renters next door and they too have a big 80lb dog they can't control or seem to be able to keep in the yard. so tomorrow I'm going to buy some pigeon spikes, hardware cloth, and more decking plywood and make sure that **** thing can't get into my coops. If i put the hardware cloth about a foot in the ground and bury the spikes about 6 inches down and put the plywood on the bottom 2 feet of the coop it will not be able to get in......right:oops:

Shoot the dog as soon as it steps onto your property.

Last edited:
Shoot the dog as soon as it steps onto your property.

i told them that and once again they think i am joking it's like my first high-school flock all over again.
he.gif
i just hope it doesn't end up with dead dog's or dead chickens.
hmm.png

Here are some pictures of my ducks. The one with her mouth open is "Quackers" the only one with a name so far.

Here is the drake I need to find a home for

And just for fun some pics of my Cubalayas

My black and white Cubs, they are still in the "grow out" pen.

Good luck with that. That really sucks!

yeah ikr we have always had big dogs (60lbs and upward) but we always kept them in the yard and under control we never had people saying that they came thought the fence, tore up the trash, killed their pets or messed up their garden it sucks that people don't see the need to train a dog that big. It really gets me hot under the collar
rant.gif

Here are some pictures of my ducks. The one with her mouth open is "Quackers" the only one with a name so far.

Here is the drake I need to find a home for

And just for fun some pics of my Cubalayas

My black and white Cubs, they are still in the "grow out" pen.

GAWD for rooster is to die for
love.gif
and quick question how much water do you wateriers hold and how much where they?

GAWD for rooster is to die for
love.gif
and quick question how much water do you wateriers hold and how much where they?
Thank you, he is a pretty boy!

Had to go check them, LOL! They are 1 gallon each. Pretty sure I paid $10 for each of them. I keep 2 in each coop. You can see how the hang and sometimes one will get knocked off balance and lose all it's water, so I always have a back up.

Thank you, he is a pretty boy!

Had to go check them, LOL! They are 1 gallon each. Pretty sure I paid $10 for each of them. I keep 2 in each coop. You can see how the hang and sometimes one will get knocked off balance and lose all it's water, so I always have a back up.

i have been looking for 3 gallon wateriers but not the ones that need all the special crap to make them hold water

Back
Top Bottom