Texas

i told them that and once again they think i am joking it's like my first high-school flock all over again.:he i just hope it doesn't end up with dead dog's or dead chickens.:/  

Well, get the gun out and ready. Because with owners like that it won't be long before that dog comes after your chickens. Better the dog take a bullet than your chickens get torn apart. And a bullet is much kinder to getting hit by a car, which could also happen to it.

I got mine at Tractor Supply, they also have either a 3 or 5 gallon one (sorry can't remember) for $20. They are easy to fill and hang, plus super easy to clean. Overall I really like them.

it strange the only larger wateriers my feed store has is the metal ones
sickbyc.gif

Well, get the gun out and ready. Because with owners like that it won't be long before that dog comes after your chickens. Better the dog take a bullet than your chickens get torn apart. And a bullet is much kinder to getting hit by a car, which could also happen to it.

yep i got my 12 gauge ready with rock salt. i just hope the electric fence will be good enough for tonight.

@Rachels Those are some good looking birds.

@lovingmyhens I'm glad your bunny is ok.

Well Bluebonnet and I made it through the bumblefoot surgery. The spot was actually on her toe. It seemed to go like all the videos show. I hope I got all the junk out. I will check on her foot in a couple days. I now have a chicken first aid kit.

The husband and I ran to Atwood's and got some hardware fencing to finish our big coop before we go on vacation in a few weeks. Our babies are in one of those kit coops from Sam's. It is designed for 4-6 hens and we have 12 9week olds in there now. They will quickly outgrow it. The husband is making me an automatic nipple waterer that hooks to a hose. I have to find the YouTube video again to show him how I want it. He is also making me a PVC feeder. That will make it easier for his cousin to check on them when we are gone. The best part is I plan on setting some eggs in the incubator when we get home. The babies can be moved to the little coop when they are a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom