Texas

I'm remembering now why I sold them, I have no self control when it comes to chickens!!! Lol

That sickness is perfectly normal  .... to all of us

Wow, it gone to rain every day for the next ... who knows how many days. I start worrying about 1 of my hens setting on the ground. Although the ground still dry at her nest, yesterday I moved all eggs into a nest box and put it back where her ground nest was. She did not come in. So I had to put the eggs back into ground nest. She got back into this ground nest immediately. During all of this, she pecked me and broke 1 egg ... sic

Rain, rain go away, come again another day
My chicken wants to play, rain rain go away
Heck no! We need this rain. My foundation was starting to crack from all the rain in the spring and then hot and dry for the last few weeks. My poor lawn and plants need this rain.

That sickness is perfectly normal .... to all of us

Wow, it gone to rain every day for the next ... who knows how many days. I start worrying about 1 of my hens setting on the ground. Although the ground still dry at her nest, yesterday I moved all eggs into a nest box and put it back where her ground nest was. She did not come in. So I had to put the eggs back into ground nest. She got back into this ground nest immediately. During all of this, she pecked me and broke 1 egg ... sic

Rain, rain go away, come again another day
My chicken wants to play, rain rain go away

Hung, how much rain are you getting? I might have received another 1/2" this morning. It reminds me of a nice gentle Spring rain.

See what happens when you interfere with Mother Nature...tch tch tch
wink.png

Hung, how much rain are you getting? I might have received another 1/2" this morning. It reminds me of a nice gentle Spring rain.

See what happens when you interfere with Mother Nature...tch tch tch
wink.png

It was the Mother Hen that cracked the egg, not Mother Nature. But with the 1/4 in-2 in rain daily for 10 days in a row, Mother Nature may cause some flooding here soon. Then only Duck Egg can hatch by that time.

I checked Accuweather and look like rain is back and forth for month. The chicken really got a relief from the heat. I worked outdoor on Sat and Sun and didn't remember that I had an ice chest full of frozen Gatorade in my car. Just a week ago, my sweating was too much that it kept falling down into the 50 gal water container, and the worst thing happened, I forgot my frozen Gatorade home .... sic !

Mama and Boy are coming home on Sept 1, they will stay in Sugar Land (my mom house) for a couple days prior to heading home on Labor day weekend. They sure will enjoy the Fall weather in Sept.

Last edited:
A few years ago I fell in love with chickens. Last year we were going on vacation and I needed the chicken area for our Great Danes so for some crazy reason I sold them all!
1f631.png
Ticks have been out of control this year in our yard, we try to avoid chemicals with our dogs as much as possible but we've treated the yard three times and the dogs, which is something we've never done, and my husband still had a tick on his sock after being outside Friday. So Saturday we bought 6 pullets and 2 guineas, this morning I ordered 20+ chicks from Ideal. I'm remembering now why I sold them, I have no self control when it comes to chickens!!! Lol

I hear ya!
Husband got me a small coop and 4 pullets for mother's day...
Today I have 38, 3 houses, and a hutch for the seramas.

Nearly done with the houses! lattice to go on the bottom of the small one, then tin and trim on both nesting boxes. woohoo!

edit: lol I just saw the paint around the hinges is not done. On the list!

Last edited:
Those pictures are great. Your hen house is coming along amazingly.

I have 1 of my chicks who hops up onto my arm everytime I go up there to feed/clean their brooder cage. The others always watch her, but she lets me take a finger and scratch her chest and back. None of the other chickens climb on my arms the way she does. I found myself particularly fond of the spotted chick I named astrid, but apparently "pretty girl" has adopted me out of the batch.

I have a silver laced Wyandotte that jumps up on my arm when I hold it out for her. Have to watch her when I'm in the run working or she will jump on my back if I'm bent over. My gold laced Wyandotte wants on my arm too if she sees the silver one there.

Back
Top Bottom