Texas

A post from Facebook. Lol

Trust me on this, the bobcat will come back!! And it will continue to return till there are no more!
I learned this the hard way 2 summers ago!!
We would shoot guns off at different times during the day, and that helped only during the day.
My husband and I were sitting out with the chickens one morning, and the dog went off on a rampage barking and chasing. The bobcat couldn't have been more than 20-30 feet away. We had no idea, they are camoflouged so well!!
Anyway, our Aussie chased off that bobcat, that time.

Trust me on this, the bobcat will come back!! And it will continue to return till there are no more!
I learned this the hard way 2 summers ago!!
We would shoot guns off at different times during the day, and that helped only during the day.
My husband and I were sitting out with the chickens one morning, and the dog went off on a rampage barking and chasing. The bobcat couldn't have been more than 20-30 feet away. We had no idea, they are camoflouged so well!!
Anyway, our Aussie chased off that bobcat, that time.
We had one here that got 5 of my 7 ducks. It was getting them every other day. We put out a trap with live bait within a cage inside the trap, but nothing. A few days later a guy about 1/2 mile from us killed one that was getting his chickens. We thought our troubles were over. But we caught a bobcat on the game camera October 9th, but haven't gotten another picture of it. So we know that another one is around, just haven't seen evidence of it.

I am keeping the ducks closer to the house (they aren't appreciative of it!). So far I still have the remaining 2. The 5 that the cat got were younger the two remaining are a lot older, I don't know if the older ones were more observant or what. The cat was getting them while they slept around their pool. We actually got a picture of it carrying the dead duck into the woods. The local game warden thought that maybe it was a female cat feeding kittens since it was coming in every other day. No clue.

Good luck!
Mandy

We had one here that got 5 of my 7 ducks. It was getting them every other day. We put out a trap with live bait within a cage inside the trap, but nothing. A few days later a guy about 1/2 mile from us killed one that was getting his chickens. We thought our troubles were over. But we caught a bobcat on the game camera October 9th, but haven't gotten another picture of it. So we know that another one is around, just haven't seen evidence of it.

I am keeping the ducks closer to the house (they aren't appreciative of it!). So far I still have the remaining 2. The 5 that the cat got were younger the two remaining are a lot older, I don't know if the older ones were more observant or what. The cat was getting them while they slept around their pool. We actually got a picture of it carrying the dead duck into the woods. The local game warden thought that maybe it was a female cat feeding kittens since it was coming in every other day. No clue.

Good luck!
Mandy
Sorry to hear that.

I highly recommend a live stock guardian dog to protect your animals. they'll be able to kill a bob cat, a wolf, and 2 of them can even take down a bear.

I went out and watch the F1 Formula racing yesterday. I knew that the cheapest ticket was $141. We got 4 free tickets so we went. I'm not sure what we supposed to watch there except the big screen. At my corner, Turn 7, I could see race cars past by but not sure who was leading and who was trailing as any car was leading the next one. I bet at home you can listen and watch better. Anyway, lots of walking, chatting and a day out eating ... $12 for a beer, $6 for a snow cone cup. Later was Taylor Swift concert but we left

Well, at least I could see the neighborhood, a few cows, horses on pasture ... that's it !

Back
Top Bottom