Texas

it's 40 right now where I'm at in texas.

It supposedly will get down to 28 tonight. I did have to break up the ice for the ducks and birds this morning. But it took little effort.

It's supposed to be 80 by Wednesday where I live.
What part of Texas are you in? I am guessing the Hill country just by your posts.
I'm just north of Dallas/Ft. Worth

Our snow wasn't the good snow... this was more like snow grains than snow flakes. It lightly snowed for about 6 hours. We were not expecting accumulation but we got a light dusting. Just enough to make driving interesting... (white knuckle interesting). I hate driving in snow and ice... I have wrecked in it before and now I am not a fan... my husband on the other hand loves to see how far he can push it (and me) before he looses control.
Yesterday it did not get above 26 degrees, last night it got down to 12. We were cold to the bone and nothing got us warmed up like a fresh pot of shrimp gumbo.
Currently it is 15 degrees and I still haven't gone outside...I know I need to go check on my girls but IT'S COLD!!!!
Let me stop whining and get to work.
Have a great day y'all

And you didn't invite us over for the gumbo????

it's 40 right now where I'm at in texas.

It supposedly will get down to 28 tonight. I did have to break up the ice for the ducks and birds this morning. But it took little effort.

It's supposed to be 80 by Wednesday where I live.

20F this morning - all waterers frozen solid. I had a very early morning (pre-dawn) work function (THAT was fun) but begged off to come back home to make sure the chickens had water. Just finished putting fresh Fortex pans out with warm tap water - they were thirsty, poor things. Watching for refreezing (it's up to 26F), then heading to the feed store - I'm out of BOSS and scratch.

I'm north of you in SA, Kajira. Forecast says 80F here on Tuesday. CRAZY!!!!!

- Ant Farm

Last edited:
And you didn't invite us over for the gumbo????
Well if I would have known at the time how good it was going to be I would have but we made a BIG pot so there are lots of yummy left overs.... in my opinion the next day it is even better...
wink.png

I'm down on the border... So lots of tropical weather - not the dry desert weather when you start heading north.

It's very green here.
We are supposed to be in the 70's Tuesday here. No wonder everyone is getting sick. But I bet the bugs won't be half as bad as they were last spring

Last edited:
20F this morning - all waterers frozen solid. I had a very early morning (pre-dawn) work function (THAT was fun) but begged off to come back home to make sure the chickens had water. Just finished putting fresh Fortex pans out with warm tap water - they were thirsty, poor things. Watching for refreezing (it's up to 26F), then heading to the feed store - I'm out of BOSS and scratch.

I'm north of you in SA, Kajira. Forecast says 80F here on Tuesday. CRAZY!!!!!

- Ant Farm
:( I just kicked the ice apart in mine. I use kiddie pools since we have goats/ducks, etc. I did nearly lose a cochin when a duck knocked it into the water when it was a baby.... LOL But she lived. ^.^

My poor silkies sleep in a dog crate outside right now, since I need to figure out the best way to make them a coop. I don't want to worry about the turkey's or other birds picking on them.... but of course, I moved them out side when it was 80, and then a week later, it got down to freezing temps.

So far, they are doing okay.

I'll be up in SA on monday - dunno if you'd like to grab lunch, but I'd love to meet you :p

Have you ever had a white Christmas where you are?
When I lived in WA state, and Nevada, I have a lot! :)

But since moving to Texas, no. We've never had snow here. It's never been recorded.

When I moved to Texas, it was -20 and my pipes froze. My husband just checked the weather report of the place we USED to live, and it got to -47 the other day.... I was like.. hell no. So glad we don't live THERE anymore! LOL

This is what it looked like all winter.

We even got snow in JUNE once. ^.^

Back
Top Bottom