Texas

I am seeking a few roosters of any breed for flock protection, I am looking for something within a reasonable drive from the Paris TX area.

I have 3 six week old bantam cockerels if you're interested (too young for offering protection). I also can get you two old english game bantam roosters who are 4 months old. I'm in Wichita Falls, so that might be too much of a drive but we could meet. There are quite a few listings for roosters on Craigslist in your area, both in the for sale and community sections.

Last edited:
Isn't it exciting! We got our first egg the end of of August, from our RIR, Ginger. Then a few days later we got one from our Americuana, Mary Ann! We have been getting an egg a day from those two! Now just our spoiled rich B Mrs Howell the BO is holding out. All I can say is it had better be a GOLDEN egg! :lau
I hope yours all get the hint and start to follow suit!
My second Cuckoo Maran, Crusty-butt, started laying two days later. Beans took a day off yesterday but it was there this morning when I checked. Between the two so far we have 9 eggs. I have eaten one of them because I noticed a slight crack in the shell, but we are saving them up for a family breakfast Saturday morning with my sister and her kids.

My second Cuckoo Maran, Crusty-butt, started laying two days later. Beans took a day off yesterday but it was there this morning when I checked. Between the two so far we have 9 eggs. I have eaten one of them because I noticed a slight crack in the shell, but we are saving them up for a family breakfast Saturday morning with my sister and her kids.
:yesss::woot

Anyone in Dallas city limits who might have Amprolium that they could share some? Thinking I need to medicate the rest of my flock after one passed away today unexpectedly although had some signs of illness or just old age.. Really need to find this within the next 12-24 hrs.

Hello all, from just outside of Abilene. I'm new to the BYC site, and to keeping chickens as well. I've got 3 "adults" (6 months old) and 3 chicks, each one is a different breed. There's a sweet BSL pullet (see my profile pic), an annoying Ameraucana roo, and an unfriendly mystery roo... plus a 1-week-old BSL/Ameraucana cross chick, a days-old minorca chick, and a 2-week-old Japanese bantam chick. I'm hoping to hatch out at least a few more Ameraucana cross chicks in the coming weeks, as my little flock needs some more girls!

Here's the 3 chicks... fingers crossed, I *think* they are all pullets!

IMG_0546.JPG

I'm looking forward to getting to know other members in Abilene and the surrounding area. ☺️

~Amy

Back
Top Bottom