Texas

Cool fronts is normal to me.
It rarely gets COLD here.
Brrr...Houston in in the low 60's right now, I just looked...that "cool front looks a bit cold to me" and I watched the KHOU guy's he's talking about 30's-40's with the one behind this one hitting you Friday.
Current.jpg

The front is expected to hit us at 5PM tonight. So I get to enjoy Awesome open the windows night air for the coming up week but still hot during the day
:barnie

Hello yall. Newark, TX here (North of Ft Worth). Very new to chickens in that our property has been adopted by our neighbor's flock. We're animal lovers who currently have 3 pitties, 2 cats, and a leopard gecko in the house. From what I've learned so far, the flock is American Gamefowl. Just joined today, so Im looking forward to learning and sharing with everyone!

@TammyLynn09
I lived in Rhome for quite some time and sis is still in Bridgeport, so welcome to BYC! And the Texas thread please check out the articles section particularly the Coops as if you intend to keep them they will probably appreciate one. Let see Newark you have loads of predators to protect them from, Raccoons, Possums, Cougars,Coyotes, bobcats, also the red tailed hawks so make sure those chickens have plenty of places to bolt from the hawks during the day. Were I to move back to that neck of the woods I would ensure my chicken were locked up tight at night and for sure during dusk that is when the bobcats would scope out our property trying to get at my cat, but he had a big sis dog to keep him safe who was only 55 pounds but when she ran she sounded huge making the ground thunder that was enough to run bobcats off. Thankfully the dog was smart enough to not try and catch them. Additionally, we had idiots dumping animals on our private road quite frequently so plan on possible hungry strays.

Other than that the only other wildlife we encountered were skunks and armadillos and I am pretty sure chicken don't need to worry about those.

Have the Black Bears Made it to Wise county yet? I know Newark is in Tarrant County right at the county line on 287. Just thinking you might know.

Allen

Hello yall. Newark, TX here (North of Ft Worth). Very new to chickens in that our property has been adopted by our neighbor's flock. We're animal lovers who currently have 3 pitties, 2 cats, and a leopard gecko in the house. From what I've learned so far, the flock is American Gamefowl. Just joined today, so Im looking forward to learning and sharing with everyone!
Welcome aboard!

The cold front and rain late last week had the hawk-food (aka squirrels) holed up or something, and a hawk tried (and failed, thanks to some distraction by one brave little rooster who now thinks he's ten feet tall) to get one of my silkies right in front of my front door. And right in front of my security cameras, so... enjoy my tiny little nature documentary!
:pop

The cold front and rain late last week had the hawk-food (aka squirrels) holed up or something, and a hawk tried (and failed, thanks to some distraction by one brave little rooster who now thinks he's ten feet tall) to get one of my silkies right in front of my front door. And right in front of my security cameras, so... enjoy my tiny little nature documentary!
:pop

O MY! You got lucky!
VIDEOS are awesome!! (even better than pics sometimes)

Back
Top Bottom