Texas

When i first found speedy, tsc was my new favorite store as everyone was really helpful and helped me to get started. But over the last few months, they've changed people and the new ones seem to not care as much...
It's retail, come on people lower your expectations and truly appreciate the knowledgeable Associates when they help you out..even go beyond to mention it to store Mgr or corporate..
Ironically been in retail a good portion of my career whether full-time or part-time, those that expect you to be attentive to their every needs never working in a customer service type of job/retail!

I have 1 starter mosaic chick/rooster left. Well I am 80% sure it is a rooster. Anyone interested?

Attachments

• 20180409_212501.jpg
    20180409_212501.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20180409_212416.jpg
    20180409_212416.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 6
It's retail, come on people lower your expectations and truly appreciate the knowledgeable Associates when they help you out..even go beyond to mention it to store Mgr or corporate..
Ironically been in retail a good portion of my career whether full-time or part-time, those that expect you to be attentive to their every needs never working in a customer service type of job/retail!
I expect it because I have worked in retail/hospitality for most of my life minus the last 5 years. I tried to help everyone even the rude ones. Retail is about customer service, not doing a job.
If you don't care, you don't care - then get off your butt and do something you will care and take pride in.
Every job I've had, I'll be late, I'll call off, but when I'm there, even with a migraine, i will try to help and look out for the customer. It annoys some but you make the best of what your doing, always moving forward. That's why i have managers that have fired me/released me but will still recommend me or hire me back when at a different company.

I seriously always appreciate any and all help given to me.
Two of my biggest pet peeves for all people in general, but especially retail:
The help/info given is false/inaccurate or misleading just because they don't want to admit they don't know something. Or they say I don't know, and stare at you with a stupid expression on their face or they walk away rather than say I'll find out.

Last edited:
I expect it because I have worked in retail/hospitality for most of my life minus the last 5 years. I tried to help everyone even the rude ones. Retail is about customer service, not doing a job.
If you don't care, you don't care - then get off your butt and do something you will care and take pride in.
Every job I've had, I'll be late, I'll call off, but when I'm there, even with a migraine, i will try to help and look out for the customer. It annoys some but you make the best of what your doing, always moving forward. That's why i have managers that have fired me/released me but will still recommend me or hire me back when at a different company.

The help/info given is false/inaccurate or misleading just because they don't want to admit they don't know something. Or they say I don't know, and stare at you with a stupid expression on their face or they walk away rather than say I'll find out.
I hear your point, and totally stand with it.. all I was trying to get out there is sometimes put public's expectations of those working for less than $10/hr should be working at the rate of $50/hr and I know that's not fair... I work in a special retailer who once expected their workstaff to be active Crafters of what we sell, I'm lucky if I work with someone who even cares about crafting yet there I am working part time below $10/hr offering $50 to every customer when I know they(store mgmt) offer unskilled new hires more than what I make, fair=N

o but I enjoy helping customers with my area of expertise.

Back
Top Bottom