Texas

Well, it's now after midnight.
Currently still raining. 2nd/3rd wave has already passed overhead.
2.67" accumulation this far....
Next wave is closing in on Bowie, Tx via radar app.

Seems my estimation is agreed upon by weather underground's forecast ..... Rain to finish for us about 4AM.....

I'll say we'll see 3+" when it's all done but, I gotta admit that the potential for 4+" is very, very likely given the last 2+ hours of that waves stamina as it's blossomed and rolled south from the panhandle.

Looks like a bumpy night will persist.

Sleep relaxed y'all.
/Steve -out.
Lucky you! We received 1" yesterday and we could use a LOT more. So send it my way PLEASE.

My husband and I were headed into the house last night. We heard an awful noise.....it was a bobcat sounding off. It sounded like it was coming from our neighbor's house which is maybe a 1000 yds or less from us.

I'm gonna do something here that I have done in at least a couple years. Cross post from across platforms...... The following is my "time stamp a couple minutes ago CDT":

Texas. Is like southern Michigan when it comes to weather. Wait 15 minutes -- it'll change.

0% forecast of precipitation for today and the last 2-5 days. So we got lulled into a distraction of 95-100° for high & ~70° for lows.

I watched this line develop to the NW of us from ~4-5PM and at 6-ish I saw (for me) the initial lightning. Went to the cool radar app and saw the curtain of cells blossoming up near Wichita Falls & start to head this way.

7-ish the frontal boundary rolled over head and the wind changed which dropped the temp about 10°F in about 3 minutes. What a refreshing feeling.

Our weather vane detected rain started at 7:28 (giggles) & by 7:45 we already had 0.67"
By 8:00 it created 1"
It's now 8:28 and it's still solidly coming down at 1.61" .... Radar looks like we'll see no letting up for at least another hour.

Glad dogs were fed and chickens fed & watered just before the storm wall hit.....

Y'all stay safe & as sane as possible. Please also keep your distances, wearing masks(or like me, bandanas) & them hands washed.
So awoke this morning to see 3.13" total rain fall last night.
Well pressure went to zero right as storm hit. We were 4+ weeks overdue for doing the vinegar cleanse of the well pump.
So this morning planned to start the cleanse and discovered that the PVC pipe connection at the top of the galvanized tank had burst..... Headed out to remove the GN from the truck and discovered a flat tire on truck.....

Yeah, when it rains, it pours......

Headed out for tire repair and Lowe's for the PVC pipes. We have some more rain forecast & a weak front headed this way currently.....

First rain storm for the chicks and ducks.

Attachments

• IMG_20200620_144005.jpg
    IMG_20200620_144005.jpg
    932.8 KB · Views: 7
Discount tire came through with the save of the day. Truck has its 4 loafers all good Togo.

Found the PVC sch40 pieces in stock & snagged a duplicate set of each piece for the 'Boy Scout motto' : always be prepared. Given that the pieces are $1.98 for each part x2 was a very wise investment again.

Vinegar is soaking/cleaning the well pump and motor casing for the next 36-40 odd hours. Will be assembling the PVC after this late lunch then out to check in all the chickens post last night's serious storms.....

Humidity is on the raise - not looking forward to this or it's peak today with all the ponds in our yard......

Discount tire came through with the save of the day. Truck has its 4 loafers all good Togo.

Found the PVC sch40 pieces in stock & snagged a duplicate set of each piece for the 'Boy Scout motto' : always be prepared. Given that the pieces are $1.98 for each part x2 was a very wise investment again.

Vinegar is soaking/cleaning the well pump and motor casing for the next 36-40 odd hours. Will be assembling the PVC after this late lunch then out to check in all the chickens post last night's serious storms.....

Humidity is on the raise - not looking forward to this or it's peak today with all the ponds in our yard......
So does that mean you have no running water for the whole time? Better wear a mask then for once you get really ripe.

So does that mean you have no running water for the whole time? Better wear a mask then for once you get really ripe.
Baby wipes for tonight's 'temp bath' for me and the kiddos; tomorrow we'll head to our other place that i'm refreshing for future residents. I've drained and 1/2 cleaned the water heater so it'll get filled and a mild flush before I flip the breaker for hot water. Then we'll all take shower there tomorrow.

Still have a little tile grout touch up to finish and a couple other touch ups.

As for the main houses well. Normally I have a scheduled weekend & with that I have several 5gal buckets filled with well water that we use for the 48hrs. The pattern I normally do is all stuff ready the night before, we take a shower the early morning OF, then immediately pour the vinegar down the well port so that the baby wipes are the 2nd days temp shower and the purge means a shower is shortly afterwards in the 3rd day- somewhere around hour 52-ish as the purge is usually about 3-4hrs.

The well hole is 520', the pump/motor is ~440' down; the volume of the cylinder is calculated to need about 3-4hrs to fully remove all the sediment, minerals, and vinegar out to the drainage flood ditch out back.....

This started out as a estimated bi-annual. Then a surprise was nearly fixed with my mcgyver style quick thinking ... Bumping the main breaker like Morris code and that patient practice eventually proved ressurection of the pump and the chunks of minerals & silica sand all came flowing out. That was a very tense 45 minutes of effort. Kept from having a $1700-2500 bill that time.

So today is move to the coop day for those blue Sumatra chicks. They were hatched out on the 2-3rd of this month and nearing 3 weeks. Verified my night light batteries are charged and have been performing the needless task of letting the adult Sumatra in and out of the coop at night. The task is only necessary now because that seals them in behind 100% HW cloth we think it was a possum familly that made off with all 5 of my last chicks in one night. :fl Fingers crossed it worked fine with a very protective broody in that setup.

Back
Top Bottom