Texas

Welcome to the Texas thread and BYC :frow, you must have great chick selections where you are since y'all are under an hour away from Ideal Poultry in Cameron, TX. Plus living that close to Aggieland I bet vet care or immunizations or dropping off a trainwreck of a stray in need of care is cheap. If only Bluebell gave you a local discount or wanted you as a taste tester or focus group participant that would be an even better part of Texas.

Ok, I would probably do my shopping and take in the Brenham factory "tour" monthly:gig
Love the area, shop in Brenham ALOT, take advantage of bb tour, haven't used vet clinic yet, it's a comfort to know it's the ten eyeing Ideal in cameron. I have a small flock given to me, 2 black australorp, 2 new hampshire, a black sex link, and my 2 newest American games (wild child's) and I DO mean wild. ALOT I wanna say, but not to bore you y'all. Any suggestions on how to thwart a Cara Cara? He's trying and trying?

Love the area, shop in Brenham ALOT, take advantage of bb tour, haven't used vet clinic yet, it's a comfort to know it's the ten eyeing Ideal in cameron. I have a small flock given to me, 2 black australorp, 2 new hampshire, a black sex link, and my 2 newest American games (wild child's) and I DO mean wild. ALOT I wanna say, but not to bore you y'all. Any suggestions on how to thwart a Cara Cara? He's trying and trying?
We have Caracara here I have only seen them on roadkill. Create roadkill?:confused: I also free range 100% of the daylight hours to include the silkies hens are possibly 1.2lbs the Sumatra hens run 5 pounds. Sure they have feed/water points as well.

We have Caracara here I have only seen them on roadkill. Create roadkill?:confused: I also free range 100% of the daylight hours to include the silkies hens are possibly 1.2lbs the Sumatra hens run 5 pounds. Sure they have feed/water points as well.
CaraCara will also go after new born deer and livestock. Just think buzzard with an attitude.

Ranchers don't like them.

Pumpkin's 2nd 24 hour Progress Report:

Bird seems ok, but she is a silkie so it is impossible to assess her cognitive function. Still eating and drinking fine and hanging out in the protection of her cat transport box. Tomorrow the plan is to keep her out of that box on the cool tile floor and get her broke from broodiness.

Thankfully she hasn't dropped any broody piles vs just normal sized chicken piles.

@Kiki @RUNuts Who's rainfall total today is bigger? SW of HOU was putting up some big numbers all the way down to Matagorda Bay.

Edited-numerous typos.

Last edited:

Bird seems ok, but she is a silkie so it is impossible to assess her cognitive function. Still eating and drinking fine and hanging out in the protection of her cat transport box. Tomorrow the plan is to keep her out of that box on the cool tile floor and get her broke from broodiness.

Thankfully she hasn't dropped any broody piles vs just normal sized chicken piles.

@Kiki @RUNuts Who's rainfall total today is bigger? SE of HOU was putting up some big numbers all the way down to Matagora Bay.
Yeah, I watched the light show all night, we just got a sprinkle!

@Kiki @RUNuts Who's rainfall total today is bigger? SW of HOU was putting up some big numbers all the way down to Matagorda Bay.

Edited-numerous typos.
2 1/2 inches for past 3 days. It's 5:30 a.m. still got a light show going on. Hoot owls are discussing breakfast-chickens in coop.

Back
Top Bottom