Texas

This was todays porch monkey:
View attachment 2337980

Glad it is here TX Indigo snake.
They do eat rattlesnakes!!! Had one on our ranch may years ago, it would go across the 12' wide senderos and it's head was on one side and it's tail on the other, it was around 13 or 14' in length.
I was bow hunting one morning and this monster came by me looking for a meal in a rats nest. I just about jumped outta skin when I looked down to see this thing go between my feet. :eek: I thought it would never get through going between them....I just froze after seeing that it was the Blue racer instead of a rattlesnake...it went on it's merry way and I decided to leave the area too, the next snake might be a rattler!

WX update for the Gulf coast..... There's a disturbance in the force again.....

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at2+shtml/230146.shtml?cone#contents
This one has such an erratic cone of probability I don't think I'm bothering with a "go bag". Get yer crud together hurricane! Is it hitting HOU or Talimpulis? Sorry I capitolized a foreign state outside of TX. Models seems to suggest it will only be a TS anyway. Christ more lawn mowing for me. I miss the drought. I was perfectly happy not mowing the lawn for 9 months.

Last edited:
It certainly is highly unpredictable! Models show it all over the gulf. Upper level shear winds show it to track to the NE, then stall and change direction back to a westwardly direction, possibly strengthening in the trough that will be created by the front pushing through in 2 or 3 days. Hope it doesn't pull a 'Harvey'!

This one has such an erratic cone of probability I don't think I'm bothering with a "go bag". Get yer crud together hurricane! Is it hitting HOU or Talimpulis? Sorry I capitolized a foreign state outside of TX. Models seems to suggest it will only be a TS anyway. Christ more lawn mowing for me. I miss the drought.
The only thing I like about the drought...not mowing. :lol:

So I guess all coasties are at risk of this drunk looking storm don't let it ruin your weekend though as it doesn't appear to be much of a storm unless it stalls on top of you and drops 20 inches of rain. My guess is it is going to Surfside Beach/HOU I think we have watched this thing drift south for at least a week now we thought it was over but the modeling sais it isn't. .https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at2+shtml/230146.shtml?cone#contents

Last edited:
Look at this model? I think a drunk sailor walks a tad bit straighter.

Attachments

• 22L_gefs_latest.png
    22L_gefs_latest.png
    65 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom