Texas

Bought 6 silkie chicks that were born May 1st. 4 turned out to be roosters. I'm trying to find a new home for 3 of them. They are very tame, healthy and beautiful birds. I want to make sure they are going to a good home. They are from a top breeder here in Texas.

Attachments

• IMG_2565 copy.jpg
    IMG_2565 copy.jpg
    982.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2587 copy 2.jpg
    IMG_2587 copy 2.jpg
    748.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2603 copy.jpg
    IMG_2603 copy.jpg
    589.1 KB · Views: 1
Welp disappointed with label for that Purina Gamebird feeder conditioner. I do like the crumble size and the young Blue sumatra seem to be liking it. Really 19% crude protein wish TSC was web savvy enough to put those labels on the site or in the specifications. They list this as a high protein flight conditioner. Also $9+ for ship to store now?

I'm going to have to check out @RebelChief 's feed store recommendation near the BRO airport.

https://www.chewy.com/bluebonnet-feeds-poultry-maintenance/dp/251843 looks to be alright after I go through this current 100# I just picked up. It exceeds the 24% I was feeding before.

Texas related news:
Someone just posted pictures to DW's local wildlife FB page of a family of three roosting Harris Hawks. Seems way early in the season for that migration/overwinter threat to be happening. I have too many silkies now for haircuts. Maybe I will just cut the hens hair and hope the roosters get culled this season. Nothing is a threat to my sumatras they are exellent at avoiding predation. I have Obvious Sumatra cockerels in this latest lot and the silkie roosters are only good for making fertile eggs.

Last edited:
Well, as Tejas is such a large territory, might be wise to at least narrow it down to a regional area? I mean sheesh, AllenK & I are about 10 hrs apart? (Hold on goes to open the map app on phone).... Okay not quite... About 8 1/2 hrs apart, straight south. A drive from up here in DFW out to El Paso is just as long. So, given that we don't need you addy but, something to narrow it down a tadbit would really help - "know what I mean Vern?" ;)

No hard feelings, right?

Back
Top Bottom