Texas

BTW in ex post facto' fashion.... This is about 47 minutes late.... That front was early. Are ya surprised @AllenK RGV ?
Since about 8PM the winds dropped to 0-4mph until just about 10PM..... Then BAM the back patio door started to whistle fast....

And darn it.... Looks like we will miss all that moisture too!
PSX_20200927_225055.jpg

Ok so this cold front is evil. I was awakened at 3AM with a need for more nesting materials for the bed. I hope the chicken aren't going to be all fluffed up needing cracked corn in the morning. 71.7 F Feels Like 70.8 47% humidity? I would turn off the ceiling fans but have a dog that will notice the change and perceive it as a threat. Tomorrow night is supposed to be colder but I can get some needed lawn work done today without sweating' alls' over. It is almost jeans and tennis shoe weather down here.
1601370390522.png

Last edited:
Still a frigid 67.7F starting the day at 55% humidity I am sure I can push a mower all day in this weather. I noticed at chicken'o'clock the old flip flops are not getting all slippery from the wet grass. Animals are fed I am probably going to snuggle into a flannel sheet again soon.
1601383350208.png

Last edited:
I'll start this one.

I am in San Marcos, between Austin and San Antonio.

FYI
I have been keeping a spread sheet of Texas BYC members for several years. Right now it has 274 members on it. Of course some are no longer members or might have visited only a few times.

Texas, we are strong !
Just joined yesterday. From clyde texas. 20 minutes east of Abilene

So my Sumatra needed to be forced off the porch railings today and carried back to their coop. I tossed 2 in their coop, and have to find out where the broody one set up shop and shut that down. The OEGB needs to find a new roost and has been porch monkeying it too. Now because all but one of the Black Sumatra have bolted the roost it has the Blue Sumatra youngins taking to the trees tonight spooked at the roosting situation. I think I'll start 30 minutes earlier tomorrow night and shove the mature hens off my porch earlier. Man it takes no effort to get hen drama started.

Back
Top Bottom