Texas

On Sunday, my friend took 23 of the Ideal order we had together back to her home. I had the whole bunch in my 4x6 brooder with my 31 chick/poult oder. Boy, it was crowded by 2 weeks. She took her group and I moved my 10 poults/21 chicks to the nursery coop, which is 6X12. They're incredibly healthy for hatcher chicks, but dang, if this isn't he scardieest group I've ever had. Every time I go into the nursery coop to add food/water, they practically throw themselves into the walls to get away from me. I've started sitting with them for a while every day.
Has anyone else experience such chickenshit chicks??

On Sunday, my friend took 23 of the Ideal order we had together back to her home. I had the whole bunch in my 4x6 brooder with my 31 chick/poult oder. Boy, it was crowded by 2 weeks. She took her group and I moved my 10 poults/21 chicks to the nursery coop, which is 6X12. They're incredibly healthy for hatcher chicks, but dang, if this isn't he scardieest group I've ever had. Every time I go into the nursery coop to add food/water, they practically throw themselves into the walls to get away from me. I've started sitting with them for a while every day.
Shipping shock?

In that case I usually get my 4 for a dollar cucumbers from the fruit stands slice one in half and bribe my way in. They will be eagerly looking for you on the 4th day I bet.

@electrycmonk @007Sean My bet is 91L is going to close the loop on circulation today, however, currently the incredible shear tendency over the northern Gulf is going to shred it before it ever becomes a concern for us. That and these frontal boundaries are going to steer it east towards FL if it gets that far north or straight west once in the Bay of Campeche. Models really offer no insight other than it is going to cross over the Yucatan Peninsula first. https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-71.66,28.89,1196
My favorite model. I have had bad directions before and driven this route in Germany trying to find my hotel room for the night. It brings back flashbacks of being the commanders driver and me a semi fluent German speaker(only fluent in German Hoch Deutsch) dealing with local dialects, while leading a convoy:

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Attachments

• 91L_geps_latest.png
    91L_geps_latest.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
While adding to my haiku thread a moment ago I realized that the question has merit her too:

Indian summer.
Any friendly betting on what, if any areas will see one this fall?

I'm not sure our current yo-yo qualifies as such over the last few weeks.
I apologize but I think your poetry sucks. I still think you are a cool guy. Might be a better fit for the random musings thread as most of my posts are as well. I do not want to start a forum fight at all. Peace out and love you brother. We are both retarded, and me more than you.

Late edit- I totally out retard you! The VA and my medical records can prove it.

Last edited:
Hi all. AllenK RGV did you ever get out to Loop Farms? I need to run out there soon and get some corn for the ducks.

So far so good with all my girls. The new 5 have blended in with the flock nicely. One of them might end up dinner however. She is very mean. She literally comes at me with her talons when I come in the coop. It started with her pecking my feet when I walked through the coop and now she's coming at me with both feet.

Loving this cooler weather.

Hi all. AllenK RGV did you ever get out to Loop Farms? I need to run out there soon and get some corn for the ducks.

So far so good with all my girls. The new 5 have blended in with the flock nicely. One of them might end up dinner however. She is very mean. She literally comes at me with her talons when I come in the coop. It started with her pecking my feet when I walked through the coop and now she's coming at me with both feet.

Loving this cooler weather.
No not yet but I need a resupply soon on my basic scratch soon so will go there first this time before visiting TSC. I am really pissed at TSC and firing them for discontinuing my flock feed. Now they are adding 9 dollars per bag for my substitutes to ship them to the store. I am stocked this month now for basic feed and just need the ancillary stuff. Todays scratch is a week old watermelon my wife has been ignoring.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I changed my profile pic to include the Texas Indigo Snake we finally saw here. It was all of 6 feet of do not try to touch me. Even if I caught it I never want to be snake musked again in this life.

IMG_7066.JPG

Last edited:
@electrycmonk @007Sean My bet is 91L is going to close the loop on circulation today, however, currently the incredible shear tendency over the northern Gulf is going to shred it before it ever becomes a concern for us. That and these frontal boundaries are going to steer it east towards FL if it gets that far north or straight west once in the Bay of Campeche. Models really offer no insight other than it is going to cross over the Yucatan Peninsula first. https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-71.66,28.89,1196
My favorite model. I have had bad directions before and driven this route in Germany trying to find my hotel room for the night. It brings back flashbacks of being the commanders driver and me a semi fluent German speaker(only fluent in German Hoch Deutsch) dealing with local dialects, while leading a convoy:

I would love to hear your thoughts.
1) frontal boundary's bulldozer like wall = big freakin' "?" On the storm maintaining anything getting thru it towards us or NOLA right now but, in 4-5 days? Who knows.
2) the map showing the squidward arms in almost every possible notation(sp) = an old navy saying for way to soon to tell, "Stand by to stand by."

https://apps.sfwmd.gov/sfwmd/common/images/weather/plots/storm_25.gif

I'm not gonna update my Better-half on this one just yet about Galveston as it's definitely not a roll of the dice I want responsibilities fallout from......

Relivant tangent:
Given the websites have really changed up over the last few years. Is there a site that has a running total on historical numbers of: 1) total # of numbered storm formations, 2) total # of numbered TS, & 3) total # of Named storms ---

Weather.unisys.com Used to have this in their hurricane page, it was an archived link that one could see in a neat simple graph sheet of sorta.....

Back
Top Bottom