Texas

Hello! Does anyone know where I can buy silkies? Preferably around Houston or cities close by
Craigslist? Or see what the distance is to the hatcheries down there... Or search this thread for the hatchet names around houston???? I *know* it's been listed here at least 2x in 2020!

Looks? Is he gorgeous or ?
I think 5 spurs per leg were the most I have ever seen images of and is an expected trait. However, most hatchery stock are producing single spurred ones. And yes I think all longtail breed of chicken are gorgeous. A quick google search will turn up more images than you can imagine.

So what's a logical limit I should hold a broody silkie to hatch out of non-silkie eggs under her? I kinda feel like it would be best to limit these little hens to a specific number of larger eggs.

I was thinking 5-6 max large eggs? The 1st go round were 6;8(?) Silkie eggs per each girl... Not withstanding the one who got the brown egg.

So what's a logical limit I should hold a broody silkie to hatch out of non-silkie eggs under her? I kinda feel like it would be best to limit these little hens to a specific number of larger eggs.

I was thinking 5-6 max large eggs? The 1st go round were 6;8(?) Silkie eggs per each girl... Not withstanding the one who got the brown egg.
how many chicks do you want? Max or min? I gave a girl 10 and she wound up crushing a couple. 6-8 is more reasonable and gives her footing room.

how many chicks do you want? Max or min? I gave a girl 10 and she wound up crushing a couple. 6-8 is more reasonable and gives her footing room.
I'm hoping to return to the number of hens we had before last fall rolled in and flattened me....we lost 10 from the original flock (of 25) and 10 hatchlings from our 1st hatchout (of 14).

Got my first egg from cornish x
20210121_163403.jpg

Back
Top Bottom