Texas

Foggy and 63. Damp everything's dripping-which is good-we need any moisture. Cleaned run, deep clean. Got all the poop out, cleaned their roost. First time in a year its been thoroughly cleaned. Now, for litter-im stumped-ground is damp not wet but damp. I usually use leaves and grass clippings-no grass so leaves. Soooo all the leaves are wet drippy. Do I need to wait a few days-let run and leaves dry? I do not wanna buy shavings-or buy anything (if possible), I have some old hay, not sure how much......suggestions?

Foggy and 63. Damp everything's dripping-which is good-we need any moisture. Cleaned run, deep clean. Got all the poop out, cleaned their roost. First time in a year its been thoroughly cleaned. Now, for litter-im stumped-ground is damp not wet but damp. I usually use leaves and grass clippings-no grass so leaves. Soooo all the leaves are wet drippy. Do I need to wait a few days-let run and leaves dry? I do not wanna buy shavings-or buy anything (if possible), I have some old hay, not sure how much......suggestions?
Put a thin layer. If they dry, add more. If they get slimy, rake them out when you have dry stuff. I have put damp chips in without any issues.

I also put cardboard on the floor to ease cleaning. The stuff can cake the floor too good.

Put a thin layer. If they dry, add more. If they get slimy, rake them out when you have dry stuff. I have put damp chips in without any issues.

I also put cardboard on the floor to ease cleaning. The stuff can cake the floor too good.
Its dirt floor. Old poop is almost like concrete.

My view this morning
20210127_054907.jpg

Back
Top Bottom