Texas

I guess it is fine outside today. The sun is supposed to come out- may do some yard work. My phone finally died a tortured death and I had to order a new one. Wonder if my friends and family will survive without calling for a few days.
My friends/family never call, until they need something....
I'm old, I remember no cell, no pager, landlines with long cord (for "secret" conversations) which were NEVER secret on a 6 party line, And everybody was long distance.
Life changed, now no one can survive without being joined at hip to a cellphone that seldom rings (I get text messages).
I HATE TEXT

I'm old, I remember no cell, no pager, landlines with long cord (for "secret" conversations) which were NEVER secret on a 6 party line, And everybody was long distance.
Life changed, now no one can survive without being joined at hip to a cellphone that seldom rings (I get text messages).
I HATE TEXT
Funny. I call Dad and he asks, "what do you need?" An ear and a little bit of time. Maybe an opinion. We laugh and enjoy the conversation.

And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man in the moon
"When you coming home, son?" "I don't know when"
But we'll get together then, dad
We're gonna have a good time then

I get fussed at for leaving the phone on the dresser. I hand it to her and tell her to carry it.

Funny. I call Dad and he asks, "what do you need?" An ear and a little bit of time. Maybe an opinion. We laugh and enjoy the conversation.

And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man in the moon
"When you coming home, son?" "I don't know when"
But we'll get together then, dad
We're gonna have a good time then

I get fussed at for leaving the phone on the dresser. I hand it to her and tell her to carry it.
A favorite of mine!
Seasons in the sun
Knights in white satin
Scarborough fair

And many others

Ringling road - the video ahhhhh

RINGLING ROAD
Train rolls in at ten am
Kill the lamb for the lions, find some water for the elephants
Monkey on his shoulder, is a monkey on his back
Could I bum a cigarette, I done smoked my last pack
Throw up the big tent, throw down some sawdust
We don't open till the 'morin, step right up
We got beer for the bearded lady
And the Siamese twins are into opium
The trapeze guys are all high on cocaine
That they bought from a guy that used to drive the train
We got water for the elephants
Everybody knows the greatest party on earth
Is the circus down on Ringling Road
Well, the tattoo man is making out with snake lady
Just to piss off the human cannonball that she been dating
Clown got wasted and he's throwing a shoe
At a bear on a bike with a bottle of booze

I HATE TEXT
You and me both. mainly concerned about a friend who drives quite a way home after work- she usually calls to pass the time while she is driving. I got no phone now to call her and tell her not to worry if I don't answer. Don't know her e mail address at work.
As far as texts, I get those- easier than a call, I guess. What I hate is that these kids today feel like if you want a picture of them or their kids, you can get it off of social media. Not the same to me.

Back
Top Bottom