Texas

My cornish cross reached 1 yr old in mid July. 3-4 eggs a week. Found her dead on her roost this a.m. died in her sleep it looks like. On her roost head tucked by her wing.
Condolences. How are you doing?

The mean EE went to the farm and passed away a couple of months. She outlived all but one of her brood mates at 5 years, so a long life. The Leghorn is pushing 6 years and outlived the other 5 from that brood.

I'm fine. I knew she wouldn't last long, so I didn't get attached to her..
She did her job-bridged the gap between my lost flock and this flock.
I have had so much death in my life.....it's hard to say but I expect it and don't get heartbroken as easily now....
My parents deceased
All my sisters and brother deceased
My spouse of 35 yrs deceased
My son-deceased-that was the time my heart completely shattered.
It still hasn't been repaired 5 yrs later.
So an animal is gone and my life goes on. Tomorrow is a better day.

The mean EE went to the farm and passed away a couple of months. She outlived all but one of her brood mates at 5 years, so a long life. The Leghorn is pushing 6 years and outlived the other 5 from that brood.
Did you ever read my post from last Sept when my flock was killed?
People on here were brutally ugly.

Did you ever read my post from last Sept when my flock was killed?
People on here were brutally ugly.
No. I try to avoid negativity and there was nothing I could do. I knew that you were keeping the CX because that was all that was available and needed them. Hence, the condolences. Such delicate little things that we can focus on and heal. I'm glad you are at peace.

I repaired the mower and now have a mulching deck that plugs up on my tall grass. I thought I would have better luck than this. Mow 10 feet and unplug it. I guess this is telling me to mow the grass twice a @#$% week. We are not amused. I will be on the look out for another not-so-rusted-out mower deck. The engine is good. The sheet metal deck, even with cleaning, just won't last 10 years. A buddy recommended I keep it on the patio (yea. another patio ornament. :hmm) to let the air flow under it better. The garage is humid and still. I'll try it. Buying a new mower every 5 years isn't good.

No. I try to avoid negativity and there was nothing I could do. I knew that you were keeping the CX because that was all that was available and needed them. Hence, the condolences. Such delicate little things that we can focus on and heal. I'm glad you are at peace.

I repaired the mower and now have a mulching deck that plugs up on my tall grass. I thought I would have better luck than this. Mow 10 feet and unplug it. I guess this is telling me to mow the grass twice a @#$% week. We are not amused. I will be on the look out for another not-so-rusted-out mower deck. The engine is good. The sheet metal deck, even with cleaning, just won't last 10 years. A buddy recommended I keep it on the patio (yea. another patio ornament. :hmm) to let the air flow under it better. The garage is humid and still. I'll try it. Buying a new mower every 5 years isn't good.
My hubby and I mowed yards to survive-for yrs, and made good money.
We had mowers with mulchers that were removable. Bolted in, remove bolts and had reg mower. I think ķyrs ago) they were snappers.

My hubby and I mowed yards to survive-for yrs, and made good money.
We had mowers with mulchers that were removable. Bolted in, remove bolts and had reg mower. I think ķyrs ago) they were snappers.
I found out all mower decks are steel. The yardman had an aluminum deck but they are no longer made. Too much of a good thing?

Yes, hard work will take care of you. The yard crew does in 30 minutes what takes me 4 hours. There are 2 of them and they will outwork me by a mile. Or in this case 3 and a half hours. I'd like to save the money, but I also don't want to spend 4 hours a week in the front yard.

I found out all mower decks are steel. The yardman had an aluminum deck but they are no longer made. Too much of a good thing?

Yes, hard work will take care of you. The yard crew does in 30 minutes what takes me 4 hours. There are 2 of them and they will outwork me by a mile. Or in this case 3 and a half hours. I'd like to save the money, but I also don't want to spend 4 hours a week in the front yard.
Serious questions; mcGyver hat is on….
What’s you goal etc

Wow 5/6 years. You've done good. Hats off!
I'm still fighting coons.
Moreover at the house than barn now.

Serious questions; mcGyver hat is on….
What’s you goal etc
My goal? Complain about the rust that happens in the swamp. The engine is good, the deck costs as much as a new mower. I considered blasting and painting the underside, but I'm not set up for that.

Honda has a NeXite deck with a lifetime warranty?!? That is new. We may have a solution, for a small fee.

Back
Top Bottom