Texas

One of my feral games went broody around March 1st. I marked 3 eggs and left her alone. I have 6 nest boxes, stacked 3 and 3. She in bottom middle nest. Yesterday, she moved to the first nest.
Hmmmmmmmmmm.......
Picked her up, she had 6 eggs under her.
NONE MARKED.
I guess I had a visitor, probably a snake. So she started over. Gonna start giving her some supplemental protein, she's been sitting 17 days now, and I know broody is hard on them
I had that happen a couple of years ago. The eggs were on day 19 and already peeping. I felt horrible, because I leave the run open during the day so the hens can come and go as they please.
I had another hen on day 9, so I moved half her eggs to the girl who had been sitting longer.
One of my 7 month old bantam cochins is broody. I may let her have eggs next week.

I've been wAiting/expecting this.....
Monday 8 a.m.View attachment 3435210

Perhaps this is an early tease?

59EA4466-D5A9-4AB6-B874-369E03BE28AE.jpeg

50C155A4-8265-403A-A64A-BA8451B2CC50.jpeg

E944C0AF-7EE5-4B3F-B30A-45C8D74FB678.jpeg

Anyone in Central Texas interested in a 15 week old Black Australorp cockerel? We have two, but are keeping one. Pictures of both, and one of dad for reference. Little Roo looks like the spitting image of dad, Other Roo is still growing into that image. Dad, Rooster Cogburn, is a good boy who helps raise his offspring. Both of these boys were brought up in the flock by a broody momma, so they understand flock dynamics well. We are in Richland Springs, but I am willing to meet 1/2 way in the right circumstance. Thank you.

Attachments

• Cogburn.jpg
    Cogburn.jpg
    793.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Little Roo.jpg
    Little Roo.jpg
    748.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Other Roo.jpg
    Other Roo.jpg
    699.6 KB · Views: 2
Well, I goofed, Sunday, I worked on cleaning entrance to my property. Knee high weeds, tree that needed trimming, ditches and culvert under driveway. Very little mower work, mostly hand/weedeater. Yesterday, I was stiff and sore. About 11 a.m. I poured Epsom salts in tub of very hot water, and soaked, then climbed in bed under electric blanket, to stay warm and watch some t.v.
You know, just rest.
I woke up at 4:30. A 4 1/2 hour nap.
It's now 1:30 a.m. and I'm wide awake, going stir crazy for something to do.

Well, I goofed, Sunday, I worked on cleaning entrance to my property. Knee high weeds, tree that needed trimming, ditches and culvert under driveway. Very little mower work, mostly hand/weedeater. Yesterday, I was stiff and sore. About 11 a.m. I poured Epsom salts in tub of very hot water, and soaked, then climbed in bed under electric blanket, to stay warm and watch some t.v.
You know, just rest.
Hoping you are napping by now, but good morning.

You know, just rest.
I’ve been dealing with bad insomnia for over 30 years (since my tour of duty working 2nd shift/3rd shift/2nd shift over 3 years…and normalized 3hrs sleep per day from 9am-ish until 1PM at the absolute latest…..

Back
Top Bottom