Texas

Quote:
It depends on what part of Texas.
My husband is from South Dakota and moved here over thirty years ago since he said he had had enough snow for a lifetime. We are in central Texas now although I am from East Texas originally. Much prefer the climate here than ET due to lower humidity.

Quote:
not only that but there is no annual sales tax on vehicles. I just found this out recently because a friend moved from MO and she said that they charge her taxes on her car every year when she registers it. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the logic in that, but it's another reason to love being a Texan

Quote:
Which part? It has almost anything you'd want for land regions; we have piney woods, to desert, to hill country, to the ocean. Then there are the big cities like Dallas, Austin, Houston with anything you'd want for theater, performance, arts, sports.

I'm in the northeast part, close to Dallas. It takes 12 hours to drive out of this state if we head south or west.

We don't have seasons - the colors are green in the spring, if we get rain - and brown the rest of the time.

We're having a drought, and we're under water restrictions so it's more brown than usual.

The summer is hot and humid - and it lasts about 9 months of the year and only a few weeks of what we'd call winter. The only time it's really comfortable in the summer time is after the temperature rises to over 110 or so because then at least the humidity is burned off.

We don't get much snow but when it ices over it's a bear because we don't have road crews/equipment to manage it.

We don't get rust on our cars though because we don't ice the roads very often! Folks closer to the gulf to have problems with it.

This time of the year, temperatures can range from the 30s at night to the 60 - 80s in the day time. One day it will be short & t-shirt weather, next day bundled up and scraping ice; next day back to shorts.

I'm not sure how you have storms there - but with so much humidity and contrasts in air temperatures, we have some really bang up thunder storms and sometimes tornadoes. A friend from Washington state moved here and said they didn't have the same kind of storms there.

I make it sound real appealing, wouldn't you say?

Really though - what kinds of things are you interested in knowing?

Last edited:
Quote:
I love it here, but then I have lived here almost all my life. I have seen the Dakotas and they are beautiful too. Totally different climate though. It might take you a while to adjust.

Quote:
Which part? It has almost anything you'd want for land regions; we have piney woods, to desert, to hill country, to the ocean. Then there are the big cities like Dallas, Austin, Houston with anything you'd want for theater, performance, arts, sports.

I'm in the northeast part, close to Dallas. It takes 12 hours to drive out of this state if we head south or west.

We don't have seasons - the colors are green in the spring, if we get rain - and brown the rest of the time.

We're having a drought, and we're under water restrictions so it's more brown than usual.

The summer is hot and humid - and it lasts about 9 months of the year and only a few weeks of what we'd call winter. The only time it's really comfortable in the summer time is after the temperature rises to over 110 or so because then at least the humidity is burned off.

We don't get much snow but when it ices over it's a bear because we don't have road crews/equipment to manage it.

We don't get rust on our cars though because we don't ice the roads very often! Folks closer to the gulf to have problems with it.

This time of the year, temperatures can range from the 30s at night to the 60 - 80s in the day time. One day it will be short & t-shirt weather, next day bundled up and scraping ice; next day back to shorts.

I'm not sure how you have storms there - but with so much humidity and contrasts in air temperatures, we have some really bang up thunder storms and sometimes tornadoes. A friend from Washington state moved here and said they didn't have the same kind of storms there.

I make it sound real appealing, wouldn't you say?

Really though - what kinds of things are you interested in knowing?

We do too have seasons... we have summer, fishing season, deer season, and football season.
gig.gif

Merry Christmas! I am located in far northeast Texas around Bonham. My 11 year old Chihuahua Poco loves Christmas, except Santa picture time. lol
81225_poco.jpg

Back
Top Bottom