Texas

Hey Rockin R, it sure would be nice if I were passing through your area sometime soon!

After an unfortunate incident with a dog that was turned out at the wrong time earlier this afternoon, I lost Wilma, one of my Production Reds...
hit.gif

I happened across a place not too awful far from me called Blue Star that I'll be visiting tomorrow or Thursday to pick up my Cochin and probably a Plymouth Rock and an Australorp.

Hey Rockin R, it sure would be nice if I were passing through your area sometime soon!

After an unfortunate incident with a dog that was turned out at the wrong time earlier this afternoon, I lost Wilma, one of my Production Reds...
hit.gif

I happened across a place not too awful far from me called Blue Star that I'll be visiting tomorrow or Thursday to pick up my Cochin and probably a Plymouth Rock and an Australorp.
The lady that owns Blue Star is the friendliest little woman! I've made friends with her from past purchases/swaps. She can help you out any if you need help, too. Haven't spoken to her in a while... Sorry about your loss!

- Also, my NPIP certification is just a few days away. I'm officially one worried cat! Driving my friends crazy asking all of the 'what if' questions... It's been a few years and we've added a few birds since we've had our last certification! Sweating bullets is one way to put it.

Maybe I didn't understand what you were wanting. This will change the font size for pages you are reading. For outgoing things I'm afraid you'll have to make the changes for each email. Sorry.

Hi Ya'll! I am near La Vernia in the boondocks. I have 6 acres and I started my flock in Feb this year. I have 12 Polish from that first group. It was 25 straight run and most were boys. I have 24 EE and 10 Guinea that were born in April. I have a mallard rescue that was born May 5th. I have 25 Polish pullets due in 2 weeks. I raised chickens for eggs as a child and now that I have kids of my own I am sharing the fun with my kids!

Well, I went yesterday to Blue Star Ranch and came home with 3 new babies. I got a Black Australorp, a Barred Rock and a Barred Cochin. All 8 - 13 weeks and good and healthy. I have to say that you were right Orum, Mary Ann is very nice and her honesty is certainly refreshing! I am definitely glad I went to her and I recommend her to anyone in the area looking to pick up some new additions!!! The visit was well worth the hour and a half drive!

I hope everyone made it out ok in yesterdays storms with no damages.

Here in Alvarado we got some high winds along with hail and heavy rain. I have 3 roosters in a pen with a dog house and you know those crazy roosters didn't leave their perch to go in out of the rain and stayed out there got pelted by pea size hail. Hard headed roosters !!!

They are all ok and running around their pen but looks like we will have to build them some kind of roof shelter since they wont use common sense to go in out of the bad weather.

How 'bout todays storms? Power went out for eight hours, eggs were stone cold when I got home. Candled, still good, tucked them under a broody hen. NOT a good day to have 50 day olds in the brooder and eggs due all around the board! lol... how did everyone turn out?

Also, I'll ask again... Anyone want to get rid of a BA rooster? Mine went to that greener place in the sky and I don't have any fertile eggs to replace him at this point.

Back
Top Bottom