Thank God for the Rain

chickenranchwife

Songster
12 Years
Mar 2, 2007
North West South Dakota
It has been raining here for the last 4 days. This was something that was greatly needed here as we had terrible drought here last 7 years. There are creeks running that my husband hasn't seen run and dams full that he hadn't seen full for a really long time. It's awesome. We were fortunate the year before last to get some hay and the year before that to have hay. Last year we didn't start a tractor til late September first of October for when they released the CRP. The last few weeks we've been getting little showers when needed. We've been able to get our oats planted and our grass and alfalfa planted. This is a good thing.
I don't have all my garden planted but do have 1/4th of it planted. It will have to be worked up again not a big deal. I will submit a picture of our place last June for those of you and will take some around the place of this year to show the differerence between last year and this year. I have already mowed 3-4 times between rains, and still not complaining. After all the pictures get uploaded I will add them to this forum.

My chickens are doing good and the ducks are loving the rain.

June06.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats for the much needed rain, I hope it will be our turn next. Worst dry spell in recorded history in our area. Maybe tomorrow.

Send some this way!!! The south east is in need of rain too. We haven't had any rain since the last week of April!!!
ep.gif

But we don't want it in the form of TS Barry!! Think tortise and hare. Slow and steady!!!

Yep, much needed here also. We got prolly 2 or 3 tenths today and that was a Godsend.

Everything planted needs the spring rains, something that seems to be fewer and less.

I'll pray for more needed rains for you and me....

bigzio

Anyone who wants to come to Nebraska and take some of our rain is welcome to it. It's pouring right now as I type this, it's rained almost every day since I don't know when.

We've had so much rain since spring, everything is flooding. They've even had to shut down major roads and interstates because they have flooded over. A lot of crops have been completely washed away and other fields haven't even been planted because it's too wet for the tractors to go onto.

We have had a drought here for the last few years but now we're on the totally opposite side, so becareful what you wish/pray for.

Back
Top Bottom