Thank goodness it's not snow!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mullers3acers, Sep 14, 2008.

1. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    It's been raining here pretty much non stop here since Friday morning. The family is out either working or in the barn. I am canning tomatoes and have cabin fever in Sept.
    Just glad all this rain is not snow or I think it would deffinently be a problem. We do have some water in the basement but it will be soaked up by the dirt floor.
    Any one else getting alot of rain?

2. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    It has been raining non stop for almost three days! I am glad I don't live near the water but some parts of our streets have been flooded. I guess this is Ike's farewell. At least it is not as bad as the people in Texas had to go through.

3. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Yea we had a cross country meet at Lake Afton in Kansas and it rained the whole time freezing cold. Our busses got stuck and all the teams we're pushing their busses out. We had to run up a dike of mud everyone falling on their faces pretty fun actually.

4. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

Rained alot the last few days here too.

5. ashyannehand

ashyannehand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Wade, Mississippi
    In my neck of the woods, it rains almost everyday during the long hot summer. It is a 95 today and we will have the thunderstorms later this afternoon.

I am saying thank God it is not another hurricane! [​IMG]

6. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Quote:NO , you should be saying THANK GOD its raining and NOT from 2 hurricanes like we got .
    Its been horrible to say the least.

7. We have had a LOT of wind, blew all the top off one end of the chicken run. My chickens are in the coop since it also raining hard,so guess that means that another feeder full of layer mash has been lost, this time instead of a tarp, we're gonna go with either sheets of tin or fiberglass. marrie

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    One inch of rain is equal to one foot of snow (or something like that), so we'd be pretty buried here.

9. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Quote:Where you located ? I am in Lafayette , La.

10. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    Well if that's true about an inch of rain would be a foot of snow we'd have about 10 feet. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by