Thank you Miss Prissy!

AngieChick

Poultry Elitist
11 Years
Jun 18, 2008
Willamette Valley, OR
I just bought a PC fan and an adapter from the University surplus (for a total of $2), then mounted and wired it up in my new Hova Bator. It took all of 20 minutes to do. Now I am testing it out and I'm amazed at how much faster the temps raise up with it. This weekend I am setting my first batch of eggs to test it out before my "good" silkie eggs come in next month. I feel much more confident about keeping a consistent temperature throughout my bator with that fan humming away in it.

Thank you so much for having such lovely, clear instructions.

Oh, and I did buy and extra fan and adapter to build a second bator with, following your fantastic directions.

Hey I want to do the same to my still air hovabator. Where did you mount it?? In the lid or on the side???

Details please
big_smile.png
and Thank You!
frow.gif

My hovabator is the 1602n.

Hi MudFarm, I have the same type of HovaBator. I mounted it to the top, in the center. I figured this location would give the best circulation, and it is nice and high so that it is safer for the chicks. I was afraid that the chicks could get injured from it if it was mounted on the side. You will see 4 holes in the center of the lid, I had to expand those holes a bit to make it fit. I took 4 large, flat metal washers and put my machine screws through those from the outside, and bolted the fan on the inside. It worked great. The washers helped keep the screw ends secured so that they weren't pressing into the styrofoam.

Before I installed the fan, my 2 thermometers were giving me readings that were a full degree different from each other. I figured that my thermometers were inaccurate. Now they are reading within .1 degree of each other, amazing. If you need any more help, just holler.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom