Thankful That We Feed Fermented Food

MY fermented feed keeps freezing into a hard un-edible brick and it isn't soupy. I sometimes warm it up in the microwave and break it up and scatter it so they can eat it. I've been adding just crumbles to their coop so they will have food. I leave before sunrise and get home after dark this time of year. I make sure they have new water every morning and the days I'm home have been checking it every few hours. Our temps have not gotten much above some days. They seem to be doing fine though as long as I keep some crumbles in their coop. One started laying this week and have 3 tiny blue eggs, one was frozen and cracked so tossed it.

MY fermented feed keeps freezing into a hard un-edible brick and it isn't soupy. I sometimes warm it up in the microwave and break it up and scatter it so they can eat it. I've been adding just crumbles to their coop so they will have food. I leave before sunrise and get home after dark this time of year. I make sure they have new water every morning and the days I'm home have been checking it every few hours. Our temps have not gotten much above some days. They seem to be doing fine though as long as I keep some crumbles in their coop. One started laying this week and have 3 tiny blue eggs, one was frozen and cracked so tossed it.

Frozen, cracked eggs you can toss right back to them... just crack it open a bit more. :D

Back
Top Bottom