• Small party

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • With rum

Votes: 8 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dead serious, how are they as pets?

Smelly critters like a ferret? Do they interact with us humans, or they pretty much like to be off by themselves? How hard is it to keep them healthy?
Theyre easy keepers.
They're nocturnal so they do sleep a lot in the day and are active early morning/evenings but if you wake them up in the middle of the day and get them out they will play.
My little plays with them on the bed all the time and they seem to enjoy it.
They don't stink like a ferret. No musky smell. Cage is like a rodent etc. Just keep it clean and theres no smell.
I just feed them high quality dry cat food so cheap and easy.
I've had them 3 or more years and have had no issues and no deaths yet but they don't live super long.
Only real concern is they can't get cold. If they aren't warm enough they'll go into hibernation and almost always die ive heard.
Great for littles because they can't squeeze them too hard.
They are pokey but when just chilling the quills lay down so you can handle them. Honestly though when I move them to get them out or what not I use a bowl cause its quick and easy.

Theyre easy keepers.
They're nocturnal so they do sleep a lot in the day and are active early morning/evenings but if you wake them up in the middle of the day and get them out they will play.
They don't stink like a ferret. No musky smell. Cage is like a rodent etc. Just keep it clean and theres no smell.
I've had them 3 or more years and have had no issues and no deaths yet but they don't live super long.
Only real concern is they can't get cold. If they aren't warm enough they'll go into hibernation and almost always die ive heard.
They are pokey but when just chilling the quills lay down so you can handle them. Honestly though when I move them to get them out or what not I use a bowl cause its quick and easy.
Thanks.
Mine have wanted one for a while. The cold thing is an issue. My house swings from 45-75 depending on if we’re all at home or gone for the day (work/school)

Google was right! I just expected some of that to have a beaver reference or something.
download.jpeg

Theyre easy keepers.
They are a pest here, and carriers of diseases... TB etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom