Thanksgiving turkeys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olive Hill - You're off topic. A personal tirade about the supposed inhumane treatment of commercial turkey is not what the OP intended. The kool-aid comment, completely rude and way over used, might as well say "bling-bling".

Me, I'll have no problem enjoying my chemically-injected, huge-breasted butterball I purchased for $25. Yum!

Quote:
The replies to rodriguez may have taken the thread in a direction the OP did not anticipate but silence, imo, is not a good response to someone who has chosen to combat inconvenient, but truthful statements that are directly related to the topic at hand with erroneous information. My original reply was not off topic whatsoever. The OP explicitely asked "Is that outrageous, or is it just me?" The rearing, slaughtering and social implications of both relatively "expensive" and "inexpensive" or "cheap" turkeys plays a direct role in their price. "Outrageous" is relative to those things.

As for the kool-aid, hey, truth hurts. That's exactly what's being served to students of agricultural programs all across the country. They don't have a choice but to drink it up if they want to graduate. And I assume rodriguez does want to graduate. I would. It's an awful waste of time and money to get within 2 credits and NOT graduate.

There are people willing to pay it, and people willing to charge this. To those who cannot afford it its outrageous and i don't blame them one little bit for buying what they can afford. There are many who have the money and want the best. Hopefully thats what they get for that price. Honestly this year we are getting the $20 butterball from Wal-mart or Aldi. Next year my own bird will grace our table. I have even considered talking some of the hubbies friends its co oping with me. They each pay the price of a poult and a bag or two of feed and I will raise their free range, natural, heritage breed turkey for them. Again everyone would like the best but for those who cannot afford it the options are slim.

Thanks for your participation, but we're done here.
hmm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom