Thanksgiving- What are your plans?

Quote:
Coupl'a questions: If your uncles insult you and you and your home, why on earth are you going that extra mile to cook and bring dinner to them? You are a much better woman than I am!! Don't mean to pry; just wondering...
tongue.png

Also, how do you smoke a pumpkin pie? That sounds wonderful!!! We have a Big Green Egg, unfortunately the turkey's going to be on it this Thanksgiving, but our neighbors are participating in our festivities, and they have a smoker that I bet I could claim some space on!

We're hosting this year as well, but we have lots of people contributing; we'll be having turkey, honey baked ham, whole chickens, dressing, sweet potato casserole, chili cheese casserole, oyster casserole, dirty rice, mashed potatoes, green beans, yeast rolls, cranberry sauce, coleslaw, ambrosia, and homemade pecan and apple pie. I was considering a key lime pie, too, but we'll see....

I do dinner for my uncles because it hurt my Dad that I don't invite them over. He understands why, but, chalks it up to them just being the strange people that they are.

To smoke your pumpkin pie, you can cook it normally in your oven, but for the last 20-30 minutes, either put it in a smoker full of hickory chips, or over an open fire with a large pan covering it. It is WONDERFUL!!!

Just me and the bf and all our critters in our new place cooking way too much food. If someone else shows up, we'll have plenty to feed them as well.
smile.png

Quote:
Are we related somehow? Other than wanting to watch anything to do with Christmas, but yeah, holidays definitely do not float my boat--see sig line.

I think you are both related to my husband. He's threatening to hibernate through the holidays. We used to go camping for Thanksgiving, just to give him a break from the whole "Let's get everyone together" stuff that always happens over the next two months. Since my Mom died, I do a big Thanksgiving dinner for my Dad. He doesn't have anyone else to spend it with. My husband understands why all these people must descend upon our home, but he doesn't like it, and he does remain scarce for quite a few hours. Luckily for him, they come over, they eat, and then they leave. Ugh.

Just tell him to hang on. It will be over soon. I am sending quiet vibes his way. I'll be thinking about him when I am home ALONE and enjoying my quiet time and ignoring all phone calls and knocks on my door. Hibernation time will begin at 5:01 PM today when I get off from work and will last until Monday, November 28 at 8:01 AM when I return back to work. Too bad it can't last longer.
hmm.png

Quote:
I think you are both related to my husband. He's threatening to hibernate through the holidays. We used to go camping for Thanksgiving, just to give him a break from the whole "Let's get everyone together" stuff that always happens over the next two months. Since my Mom died, I do a big Thanksgiving dinner for my Dad. He doesn't have anyone else to spend it with. My husband understands why all these people must descend upon our home, but he doesn't like it, and he does remain scarce for quite a few hours. Luckily for him, they come over, they eat, and then they leave. Ugh.

Just tell him to hang on. It will be over soon. I am sending quiet vibes his way. I'll be thinking about him when I am home ALONE and enjoying my quiet time and ignoring all phone calls and knocks on my door. Hibernation time will begin at 5:01 PM today when I get off from work and will last until Monday, November 28 at 8:01 AM when I return back to work. Too bad it can't last longer.
hmm.png

He and I dislike large crowds, but I can manage much better than he can. If it were up to us, we would just fix a normal meal and go on with life. To be completely honest, I would prefer to go out to eat. That is something that we just don't do, hardly ever, so it would be a very nice treat!

I'll be thinking of you while you hibernate too. I'd love to curl up with a good book tomorrow
smile.png

On turkey day it will be just my wife and I at our cabin deer hunting. Then on Sat. we will be celebrating with the family coming to the house. Anywhere between 16 and 20 people. I'm in charge of the meat stuffing and the mashed spuds. Deb does the rest.
Happy Thangsgiving to everyone!!!!!!!!

I’m going to my grandma’s house in the morning where it is like a family reunion lol we have a really big family and almost everyone gets there. Then I go to my other grandma’s house in the evening which is not so big of a party but still most of my family from that side makes it. The food is soooo goooood lol I can’t wait to eat and talk with all my family!

Quiet Thanksgiving this year, just my husband, daughter, son in law, grandchildren. We just got home from a great visit with my son, in Phoenix at Firebird Raceway and the Lucas Oil Drag Boat Racing Series, World Finals. My son Cole, just happened to win his class Top Alcohol Flatbottom!! Yay Cole. He had to go back home to Long Beach, Ca and us back to Reno. We will spend a few days with his wife and him right before Christmas. For me the "holiday" is whenever I am with my family. We will be eating 1/2 of a home grown turkey, it was so large we had it sawed in half and will most likely eat the other 1/2 for Christmas.

Got a call from my DSD today - her husband's Mom, Stepdad, and is 2 siblings were not going to do Thanksgiving until Friday because they thought his stepdad was working. Now he doesn't have to, and they didn't have anything ready to 'do' Thanksgiving tomorrow - so now they're invited here! Got 4 more people (12 total) coming. Party at our house! LOL

Back
Top Bottom