Thanksgiving- What are your plans?

Avalon1984

Songster
9 Years
Dec 22, 2010
Muskegon
Just wondering how you all celebrate Thanksgiving- or do you? What are you planning to cook? Are you going to spend it with family?

This year it’ll be just hubby and me which will be nice. No rude family members, no mess, I don’t need to clean the house top to bottom…it’ll be fun. I processed some roosters this weekend so I will try to make one on Thursday if I feel like it. If not it’ll just be cauliflower casserole. We’ll be making some apple/carrot treats for the horses and a yummy leftover chicken bucket for the chickens and that’ll be about it. Maybe watch a Clint Eastwood movie. Pretty much as stress free as it gets.

Geeze, I'm jealous.
lol.png

We're hosting this year, but the only close-by family we have are my aunt and cousin, so it should be as peaceful as things ever are around here. Turkey, stuffing, and sweet potatoes with pecans are on the menu.
droolin.gif

Quote:
Ahhh stuffing. I always wanted to learn how to make stuffing. We never did that in Germany. Well, I should say never but wehn we did it, it was ground up meat in a goose. Can one do stuffing in a chicken too?

Quote:
Ahhh stuffing. I always wanted to learn how to make stuffing. We never did that in Germany. Well, I should say never but wehn we did it, it was ground up meat in a goose. Can one do stuffing in a chicken too?

I can't imagine why you couldn't stuff a chicken!
big_smile.png
But don't bother making your own...
gig.gif
NOTHING is better than Stovetop. We gave up on making our own yeeeeears ago.

Quote:

big_smile.png
gig.gif

Stovetop stuffing...mhm...do I find that in the cooking isle? Sounds like something good to use for a cooking-failure like me. Thanks for the tip! We hosted a party at our place once (not for a specific holiday) and we had it out in the barn with the animals. Most people enjoyed it but some "family members" still found a way to drag everybody down and make a fuss. Will not happen to me again! This year we will just relax and enjoy.

Got a sick kid, so just doing nada. 18 y/o is going to his roommates family for the weekend, please pass me the Kleenex!

Quote:
big_smile.png
gig.gif

Stovetop stuffing...mhm...do I find that in the cooking isle? Sounds like something good to use for a cooking-failure like me. Thanks for the tip! We hosted a party at our place once (not for a specific holiday) and we had it out in the barn with the animals. Most people enjoyed it but some "family members" still found a way to drag everybody down and make a fuss. Will not happen to me again! This year we will just relax and enjoy.

Probably. If you can't find it, just ask a clerk where you can find Stovetop stuffing and they *should* know what you're talking about. Once you taste it, there's no going back.
droolin.gif
You can get it in a bunch of different flavors, too: Sage, pork, chicken, turkey, whole wheat, cornbread.... But I like the sage the best.

Hosting the In-Laws....cooking the turkey we hatched back in March. The thing I love most about Thanksgiving is that my FIL and DH both enjoy getting up early on Thanksgiving day to handle the turkey and dressing. That just leaves me with the sides!

Back
Top Bottom