THAT WIND!!!!!!!!

Update on the clothes--my neighbors and I had a clothes swap this afternoon. I had two different neighbors blue jeans, and a pair of undies (yikes!) from a neighbor 2 streets over. I retrieved a towel (the rattiest one I own, of course) and a pair of my son's jeans from another neighbor.

My clothes basket full of jeans flew away while I was gathering clothes and the pin basket flew off the line and popped me in the head.

There are two washclothes in the magnolia tree and a sock in the pecan out front. I think there is something in the cedar too, but it might not be mine or even be clothes. Too far up to tell.

There was something sooooo funny about trying to gather in the clothes in all that wind. I kept laughing too hard to get it done quickly.

We were supposed to get the steady 25 with gusts to 50+ all afternoon. More like steady 40 with gusts to 75. I was taking trail rides out and having to keep a sharp eye out for falling branches. AND there are bear tracks all over the place!@ Yikes! I bet he's grumpy being up so early. Was keeping a REAL sharp eye out for him!
I just put the intermediate sized chickies (too big for the brooder cage in the office, but not big enough to fend for themselves loose) in the big cage we built for them yesterday and then today had to tie tarps over the open end to keep the poor things from becoming chicken waffles on the far end! That was fun by myself in the wind.
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom