THATS IT I QUIT

lovemychicks2much

Songster
10 Years
Apr 2, 2009
Mercer Co.
sad.png
ok where to start i hve spent a small forutine on eggs in the past month and needless to say i was stupid i questioned ll along about shipping eggs and i seen where several had great luck with them notice the word luck i should of known if it came to that i should of never tried it being the only luck i have is bad luck but anyways between 2 bators i have over 60 eggs in them from 6 different people some when i got them has loose air sacs which was a given no good ok no big deal it happens and let me say in these bators i also put some of my eggs in each because i wanted to see if my eggs was fertile but anyways back to the subject I have eggs i put in the bator from anywhere from 4-8 to 4-15 i have each of them marked so i would know whos was whos and out of some of the sets after candleing it dont look like i will get any from some and from the others I will be lucky if i get 2 maybe 3 and that is a really strong maybe so at this point i give up i have spent way to much money i could of just bought the chicks i wanted but i love batoring so i went this route but after this i wont be purchasing anymore out of the six sellers i have contacted them with the results that i am postive about and they dont seem to care and the ones that i got and over half of them had loose air sacs i was told it happens and im sorry but the ones i got that was poorly packaged and had the loose air sacs i feel i was ripped off but what can you do but anyways i guess i cn stop ranting but i wanted to let everyone know that I GIVE UP

If you can't find some local fertile eggs to try, how about this: Several folks have reported successful hatches with frre range eggs from Trader Joe's. Also some have hatched eggs from the health food store. Give that a try. Just a dozen at a time. They're a lot cheaper than shipped eggs for practice runs.

Good luck.

Quote:
whats so bad is it is just the shipped eggs the eggs i have in there are miving and have all kinds of veins its just the shipped ones i have got no where with

I also have had alot of loose air sacks from shipping. i really dont think its the shippers fault..it happens to everyone..honest! I had eggs that were packed VERY well, and they still had loose air cells...the PO is rough with them..UGH!

Oh i know that most of this is most likely the post office but i am off of work right now due to some medical problems and we dont have the extra money to spend on something that is just going to get throwed out im such a fool to think that it would work for me thats my luck lol

Quote:
whats so bad is it is just the shipped eggs the eggs i have in there are miving and have all kinds of veins its just the shipped ones i have got no where with

I candled yesterday at day 18. 15 of the 16 eggs from Dipsy Doodle Doo were looking good.
2 have pipped tonight on day 19.5!

Best I've ever done with shipped eggs.

Quote:

I candled yesterday at day 18. 15 of the 16 eggs from Dipsy Doodle Doo were looking good.

i would have been happy with 8 out of 16 but imonly getting 2 maybe 3 out of each set

Quote:

i would have been happy with 8 out of 16 but imonly getting 2 maybe 3 out of each set

How far away are the shipped eggs going? How long have your eggs been in the bator, or do you have chicks now? Try this put ALL the eggs in (unless they are cracked), and do NOT take any out tell day 23, ones that you think wount hatch. . . just might! One month of "bad" hatches isn't really that bad. What breed are you trying to hatch???

I have had a hard time with shipped eggs,but so far others have done great when I ship my eggs...
Its so sad when a batch fails,and my last fail I paid alot for so im just gonna wait and order them in january....
Im still gonna hatch but it will be either swap eggs,the local Amish eggs or my own.As soon as she starts selling agian i can buy the Amish eggs....
You can put a ad on craigs list for eggs I bet you get lots of eggs for a low price....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom