That's it. I'm getting an RCom. UPDATE: i LOVE it!!

Badhbh

Songster
12 Years
Nov 16, 2007
Southern Indiana
I'm tired of fighting with humidity. I'm tired of temperature spikes. I'm tired of being sad when I do something stupid that kills an egg.
So i'm going to get an RCom. Time to start saving.

Who has one? Thoughts? Opinions? Warnings? Talk to me
smile.png

Can you make the little jingle NOT play? Can you set the number of days to turn? How adjustable is it?

Last edited:
smile.png
Don't blame you.

Thoughts? Opinions? Warnings?
Can you make the little jingle NOT play? Can you set the number of days to turn? How adjustable is it?

It's great, but you do need to make sure it's properly calibrated when you take it out of the box. Use a good, accurate hygro and thermo to check it. And read the directions on calibrating. After that, it's pretty much "just add water." The little jingle will play a lot if you have the turner set to auto, so I just turn the eggs by pushing the turn button twice or three times a day, which minimizes jingling, lol. If set to auto, it turns several times a day, can't remember how many, but it's a good number of times. Sorry, but I can't recall if you can adjust the number of times, don't think so. I do know that adjustments can be made to the temp and the humidity, and you can choose whether or not it turns automatically.

The great thing about the R-com is the precision of the temperature, the precision of the humidity, and the fact that it goes right back to the correct settings within seconds after you've opened the lid.​

I had some problems with my rcom the last hatch. It kept leaking water into the main area and spiking my humidity. I wasnt able to stop it the entire hatch. It was really annoying. I am not sure how to fix it.

Someone else had that.. i think it was either the reservoir was overfilled and the bator wasn't level (so it was leaking into the main chamber) or something wasn't snapped in right. There's a thread somewhere- it was easy to fix. Do a search on RCom and i'll bet you can find it.

I heard that the company stopped making the R-com 20. Some thing to do with the manufacturer. I guess you can only buy it from places that already have it. You cant buy it from the Brinsea company website any more. It says, "No longer available". I was wanting to buy one. If they no longer make it, I wonder if it is going to make it hard to get parts for it??

Back
Top Bottom