That's it. I'm getting an RCom. UPDATE: i LOVE it!!

I just got the R-com mini with scope. I*m only on day 2 of my first hatch, but this thing really does seem idiot proof. I went for the scope because I wanted to use it with my 4 year old and I thought it would be much safer than having him try to *help* me candle the eggs the old-fashioned way. If the set up is just for you or older kids then I would suggest saving the 50 bucks and just get the basic incubator.

Quote:
Thats the octogon 20. The R-com 20 looks just like the r-com mini. But it is rectangle in shape instead of oval. You can buy parts for R-com 20 on this site. But can no longer get the actual r-com 20 incubator from the manufactorer. I was going to email them to find out exactly why. If I get an email back. I will copy and paste it here.

There is a way to shut off the turning music without having to switch to manual. It's in the instruction booklet.

Basically, choose your bird type and walk away. It stops the turning 3 days before hatch. I just fill it up with water every night and ignore it for 3 weeks.

There is no question of ever using a different 'bator.
They will have to pry it out of my cold dead fingers:cool:

Awesome
smile.png
I can't wait for mine to get here.

Ok, I'm in love. No muss, no fuss. Fill it with water, set the temp and humidity, done. Walk away. Its fantastic. It'll hold any egg because the tray is adjustable. And I can set some eggs up off the floor so I can hatch some and have the rest still turn. I don't have to turn off the turning until I get a pip. I love love love it.

Quote:
I think Brinsea bought R-Com.

For the money, I would get the Brinsea Octagon 20EX. I used the plain old Octagon 20 and loved it.

R-Com seem to suffer because some people can't read the manual, with specific reference to calibrating it.

Good luck, it's a fine choice.

I have a little R-COM incubator that I bought from e-bay! It was a present for my daughter for Easter.....it is really only for beginners and hatches 3 eggs at a time. Obviously, this reduces your chances of a large hatch but it's fabulous for learning the ropes and cutting your teeth on.

Mine doesn't play a jingle (not sure what you meant by that!) though it does beep when it's about to turn the eggs.

It's the easiest thing in the world to use and also hatches other types of birds eggs. Just add water, select "chicken" and leave it for 21 days!

We have 3 of our Miniature Ginger Oxford Game eggs in there at the moment. The last batch we had unfortunately never hatched, nothing to do with the incubator, they weren't meant to be sadly!

The incubator has a display which tells you everything and it keeps the temperature and humidity perfect.

I'd thoroughly recommend it to anyone starting hatching eggs.

Mine cost about £65 if I remember rightly, about $130, though you can usually get them second hand.

Back
Top Bottom