The ‘I’ve Got The COVID Shot Club’!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So If we’re discussing education and qualifications regarding our particular decisions.....then what are YOURS!!!! You shouldn’t speculate on others if you’re not willing to share your own. The person you are addressing may in fact have a much higher degree and more experience than you!!!!
I was being complimentary.

No doubt cherrylimeaid has much better nutrition education than I do. I think it's great; I should be so informed. For me, I figure chemicals are everywhere and in everything; so I take care of my health in other ways like exercise, don't smoke, eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables and very limited meat. Get vaccinated and stay away from contagious viruses best that I am able. That kind of thing.

I was being complimentary.

No doubt cherrylimeaid has much better nutrition education than I do. I think it's great; I should be so informed. For me, I figure chemicals are everywhere and in everything; so I take care of my health in other ways like exercise, don't smoke, eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables and very limited meat. Get vaccinated and stay away from contagious viruses best that I am able. That kind of thing.
My misunderstanding......as it appeared to me that your comments spurred the attack of @cherrylimeaid much in the same way that they did the attack on @HennyPenny44 and several others in this thread that have dared to disagree.......As you may or may not have noticed, I chose to delete my reply because basically while I hate to see attacks on good-intentioned members, those situations are best left to the moderators.

With all due respect, and saying this as gently as I can, Muddy; my comments do not "spur" attacks. My comments are my own thoughts; and others' comments are THEIR OWN.

As I said, I was being complimentary, so not sure how that would create any attacks, anyway. 🤷‍♀️

If others choose to "attack" someone in posts that come after my post, that's on them, not me. We are each responsible for our own actions here.

In the interest of fairly sharing information about both sides of the vaccine issue, I see in the news that the CDC is actively investigating 226 possible incidents of heart inflammation following the vaccine.

CDC plans "emergency meeting" on rare heart inflammation following COVID-19 vaccines

By Alexander Tin

June 11, 2021 / 7:22 AM / CBS News

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Thursday that it will convene an "emergency meeting" of its advisers on June 18th to discuss rare but higher-than-expected reports of heart inflammation following doses of the mRNA-based Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines.

So far, the CDC has identified 226 reports that might meet the agency's "working case definition" of myocarditis and pericarditis following the shots, the agency disclosed Thursday. The vast majority have recovered, but 41 had ongoing symptoms, 15 are still hospitalized, and 3 are in the intensive care unit.

The reports represent just a tiny fraction of the nearly 130 million Americans who have been fully vaccinated with either Pfizer or Moderna's doses.

"It's a bit of an apples-to-oranges comparison because, again, these are preliminary reports. Not all these will turn out to be true myocarditis or pericarditis reports," cautioned Dr. Tom Shimabukuro, a CDC vaccine safety official.

While this is potentially a concerning effect of the vaccine, we can take heart from the fact that the CDC is being open and transparent about it and is investing time and effort into addressing it as soon as it came to their attention. We should expect nothing less from our government agencies charged with monitoring the public health.

We can also be encouraged that this news is coming from the mainstream news outlets, and is not being suppressed or censored, as some tend to believe.

Edited to add: here is the agenda for the meeting. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/agenda-archive/agenda-2021-06-18-508.pdf and a link to watch it live, if so desired https://www.ustream.tv/channel/VWBXKBR8af4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom