The 10th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I candled the eggs in my incubator and pulled 6 of the 7 that I think are clears. I left the 4 that I think are blood rings in there plus the 7th one I think is clear.
I had a day in the first week that I went down to check and my temps were higher than I wanted them to be. Wasn't sure if I would have anything hatch but figured I would leave them in to see. I have 15 eggs that I think are still good, so we'll see.
:fl Hoping they make it for you!

Good Morning BYC!
After candling on Monday. 4/8/19, started with 64 set.. now at 58. and counting down to Lock Down. This year I am not going to candle a second time like I have in the past. I want to keep humidity levels constant. we had a few shrink wrap last year, And my DIY incubators are set up to add water without opening. Cheers.
View attachment 1734292
There is a lot of confusion about shrink wrap. It is usually a development issue more often caused by temperature or flock health issues. Shipping is a major cause too.

Humidity seems like it would be the number one cause but it is not

Hi everyone! My husband and I candled and were a bit disappointed in our number of infertile eggs, so we've gone down from 22 eggs to 8 alive plus two maybes. I'm hoping to candle again today or tomorrow. We have four roosters (down to two after today) but I think they're too busy competing to be effective. Has anyone else experienced that?

Hi everyone! My husband and I candled and were a bit disappointed in our number of infertile eggs, so we've gone down from 22 eggs to 8 alive plus two maybes. I'm hoping to candle again today or tomorrow. We have four roosters (down to two after today) but I think they're too busy competing to be effective. Has anyone else experienced that?
Anything more than one chick hatched is good!

I experienced this with quail. Too much competition between the guys meant they weren't paying attention to the gals.

How many hens? Can you separate the flock into separate pens, a few hens for each roo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom