The 10th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put the shade in one spot and have some old pallets around for the chickens to hide under The trick for hawks is to break up the area so they do not have a nice path to swoop down and attack the flock.

It helps that I have big chickens too! The hawks here like to go after smaller prey
That's a good idea, thanks! I read that crows can help with shooing away hawks too but I'm not sure if that's accurate or not.

Yeah I imagine. I'm starting to get more bantams in my flock so that might be a bit more of a problem. They're so addicting though because they're so little and cute! I love the d'uccles when they crow. :love

130ADBA9-FEAB-4A29-B8ED-698717DA61D1.jpeg
We went to Arkansas to spend Easter with our oldest son. We came home to find a few new chicks! Looks like 4 chicks so far, 2 are camera shy. The lavender is an Orpington, the others are LO over Blue/Black Cochin. There are still a few Cream Legbars x White Leghorn, EE, CLB to hatch, and a couple of Silkies that we almost tossed, but we’re glad we didn’t. Seems like such a staggered hatch, but not all of our broodies (mostly EEs) got serious at the same time, so we had to do some switching.

Attachments

• 28A47D6A-E75C-4A0C-8370-8F8845EBD715.jpeg
    28A47D6A-E75C-4A0C-8370-8F8845EBD715.jpeg
    608.4 KB · Views: 2
View attachment 1754055 We went to Arkansas to spend Easter with our oldest son. We came home to find a few new chicks! Looks like 4 chicks so far, 2 are camera shy. The lavender is an Orpington, the others are LO over Blue/Black Cochin. There are still a few Cream Legbars x White Leghorn, EE, CLB to hatch, and a couple of Silkies that we almost tossed, but we’re glad we didn’t. Seems like such a staggered hatch, but not all of our broodies (mostly EEs) got serious at the same time, so we had to do some switching.
Broodies and Their babies are so cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom