The 2010 NaNoWriMo Thread!

Quote:
Well, either you put them in and up the magic quotient, or decide they really don't fit and get tough! Kick 'em out! LOL Make notes and write the gils' story at a later date. (And I will say from experience: Easier said than done!
wink.png
)

It's impossible to kick characters out of a novel if they insist on being there. Even if you REALLY don't like them. I've tried it.

Why do they have this amazing novel writing month in November, sandwiched between two holidays with a big one the following month besides?
sad.png
I'd love to do it, but just can't.

Quote:
Not impossible. Extremely difficult sometimes, but also sometimes necessary. I've done it. If the characters are good, they just keep sniping at me until I tell their story. One thing I've learned: it's a delicate balancing game between letting the story follow it's own natural course, and making sure I am still the one in charge. Not that I succeed at that; I just try!

Quote:
I used to think that. And it's why I didn't do NaNo for so long. But I finally decided that I was going to try. Took some juggling of time and priorities, but I got it all done. Having an understanding family sure helps!

Quote:
Not impossible. Extremely difficult sometimes, but also sometimes necessary. I've done it. If the characters are good, they just keep sniping at me until I tell their story. One thing I've learned: it's a delicate balancing game between letting the story follow it's own natural course, and making sure I am still the one in charge. Not that I succeed at that; I just try!

Quote:
I used to think that. And it's why I didn't do NaNo for so long. But I finally decided that I was going to try. Took some juggling of time and priorities, but I got it all done. Having an understanding family sure helps!

My characters must be mean and scary.
lol.png
I'll have to try to discipline them a little better.

Hmmm, you give me hope for someday doing it!
big_smile.png

Why can't I start it now?
lol.png

Ah, it seems we still have a lot of discipline to do for out characters. Platina can't stop throwing herself at various males' feet. No no Platina, you may be like Brock from Pokemon, but you should be mainly attracted to Gilbert!!

LOL. One of my characters from my 2008 novel was supposed to be the skeptic of the story. Turned out he was working with the main group all along! And he began spontaneously flirting with the main character, which was not in the original plan. Lucky for me, both of those surprises worked with the story, so I did not have to do any "tough love" stuff on him!
lol.png

I've got my plot working on itself, but my characters are ridiculously blank at the moment! Need to get on that, as well as doing some slightly more formal outlining.

I have around 1360 words right now. It's a big church holiday today, so I don't have school. More writing time!
wee.gif

Over 500 so far. yeah, not a lot, but that was sitting in hubby's hospital room this AM. He's got a nasty cellulitis infection on his leg that wasn't getting better, so they've got him in hospital on super strong antibiotics for the next few days. May impact the word count for the next days, but I can bring the laptop with me, so I try to get as much as I can done there. Hoping to get a good bit done before I have to make dinner, then go back. 'Course I got other things to do, also!

Ok, finish lunch, put a load of laundry in, write.

Back
Top Bottom