The 2010 NaNoWriMo Thread!

SilverPhoenix

Bantam Fanatic
10 Years
Dec 15, 2009
Penn Valley, CA
Participating in National Novel Writing Month? Not participating but want to see what the crazy novelists are up to? Not sure what NaNoWriMo is? This is the thread for you!

National Novel Writing Month (abbreviated NaNoWriMo) takes place every year in November. The goal: To write 50,000 words from scrap within the month of November. Why? Because it's FUN, CRAZY, and if you don't write a novel now, when will you ever do it? The goal is not so much to write a good novel (though kudos if you do), but just to get words on the page and to have a blast doing it. You can write any genre, any kind of story you want, and you retain your story as your own at the end, to do whatever you want with it--whether that be publishing, editing it to death, or just laughing at it and rolling your eyes. There are no prizes, other than some graphic banners and the great feeling of accomplishment. More information at NaNoWriMo.org if you need it.

Anyway, post away! This thread will likely be going through October, November, and probably a bit into December as well.

Let's start with the basics... What is your username on the site? How many years have you done NaNoWriMo? Did you win? What are you writing this year?

I'm PacificPikachu on the site, this is my fourth year and I won all three years I've done it before, and I'll answer the last question later when I have things more nicely ironed out.
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my first attempt at writing a novel. My user name is Michelle1017. I am still trying to decide what I am going to write about although I have come up with a few ideas. Just waiting for one to jump out at me!

Quote:
frow.gif

Hi all!

My name on the site is 4gone.conclusion

This is my third year doing NaNo... My first year was an epic fail, but I won last year
smile.png

This year... I'm not quite sure what I'm writing about yet. I should probably fix that soon
hide.gif

I'm Eyewryte on the NaNo site. This will be my third year of insanity, and I've won both previous years. Normally, I write in the realms of fantasy or (sorta) occult magic, tho last year was a straight on murder mystery (which, although I got to over 50,000 words is far from "finished").

This year? Well, as soon as the plot bunnies tell me what's happening, I'll let you know!

Haha, looks like I'm most prepared so far! I have a plot floating around, but the specifics are a little fuzzy. I'm trying to arrange it all so it makes some sort of sense and doesn't get too overly detailed. (I have a tendency to spend my 50k just setting up the darn stories and not even getting to the main plot, it would be nice if this tendency would stop so I can actually write something more exciting.
hide.gif
)

I hope everyone's plot bunnies start hopping soon! Maybe tempt them with a carrot? Those adopt-a-plot threads are always great, too, I hope you guys have been checking those out. Oftentimes I don't even end up taking one of the plots, it just sparks something and the next thing I know I have a story!

I'll see if I can think of anything that I find inspirational for getting the brain gears going and post it, provided I can think of anything. Adding you all as friends on the NaNo site!

Quote:
Awesome, I have that open in another tab but I haven't checked it out yet! I have to go somewhere right now, but I'll be playing with that when I get back.
big_smile.png

I have the germ of an idea in my head. I need to get some organizing done and get to outlining. I'll be freaking come Nov. 1 if I don't! That's just my personality.
big_smile.png

But I will also be gone all weekend. Heading to the Hudson Valley region of NY state to compete in the first chili cook off of the 2011 season. Yes, I know, it's still 2010, but the Worlds Championship was last weekend, so we start the new season now. That's hubby and my summertime hobby- chili cook offs! It's a lot of work, but it's loads of fun!
http://www.chilicookoff.com for info on the International Chili Society, and http://www.chilicats.com for our site.

See ya next week!

I'm doing it! If you want to find me, I'm TewiInaba.

For the story, it's at its beginning stages. I've got the main character and the main part of the story somewhat planned out, as well as the beginnings of a subplot and the side characters.

Back
Top Bottom