The 2010 NaNoWriMo Thread!

Quote:
Aside from writing a synopsis and planning, we can't write anything until November 1st.

If you want to read one of my sort of 'warm up' stories, go here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Aside from writing a synopsis and planning, we can't write anything until November 1st.

Very cool! Thanks for the sneak peek, PK!
big_smile.png

Quote:
We can plan, outline, do character development, write a synopsis (or 10)- anything like that. Not one word of the actual story is to go down in pixels (or on paper, if you prefer) until Nov. 1. At the end of the month, the stories remain ours, to do with as we want. They are not put up on the NaNo site.

I'm still editing my 2008 novel, for example, and need to actually write an ending for last year's.

But- if you care to read some of my other efforts:

http://www.thirtytwopaws.com/mak/Main_Pages/Library.htm Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the links to the writings.

It's horribly out of date. I have plans to revamp the whole website, "when I get time" (hahahahahahahahaha!), so I haven't added or edited in a long while. I should get some other stuff up there. Soon. Maybe.
wink.png

Quote:

Very cool! Thanks for the sneak peek, PK!
big_smile.png

Well, the actual story itself is going to be completely different, I was just writing that to get into writing gear.

Yeah, I have yet to post my previous novels anywhere. Partly because they're unfinished, partly because I only edit when I'm in the right mood to do so (read: almost never), and partly because of a probably unjustified inferiority complex, haha! Maybe someday, though. My first one is still my favorite, and the one I would most like to finish. It would be nice to finish this year's story within the month and not too long after the 50k, but I know from previous experience that the likelihood of it is pretty minimal.

What genre are you guys writing, and what kinds of stories? If you know, anyway--if not, you can post about that when you have it!

Mine is...as usual it doesn't neatly fit into any category. I usually end up hanging with the literary fiction genre, as that's the closest to what I write I guess. It always seems like young adult lit in summary because of the fact that I usually have talking animals playing a main role, but it tends to be pretty dark stuff--darker than I'd be comfortable with calling young adult lit.

Mine involves a girl who is given a letter by a magpie she rescues near her house. The letter says that she will die in two days, and to hold on to some beads that are hidden in a certain place if she wants to live. She finds the beads and keeps them on her, and true to what the letter says, she has a near-death experience (haven't decided how yet, has to be something that she can physically escape if she becomes smaller), but turns into a magpie at the last moment and survives. A group of other magpies waits nearby. She gets accepted as part of the group and is taught how to live as a magpie, but it's obvious she's there for some reason, and it has something to do with the leader of the group. He is a bit too knowledgeable about humans, and obsessed with finding the rest of the beads that helped transform her into a magpie. He claims the beads are necessary to change her back into a human so she can resume her life, but she suspects there's some other reason, and indeed he has a dark secret...

(Should I spoil it? If people are interested I'll post where I plan on going with it, otherwise I'll just keep it to myself, haha. It's less predictable/fantasy-like than it initially sounds.)

I want a funny story and I found this on the ScriptFrenzy plot machine. "While lost in the middle of nowhere, a robot with ADD finds and rears abandoned adult triplets."

I think it has real potential
smile.png

Quote:
lau.gif
I love it! I agree, I definitely think it has potential. I went and checked out the ScriptFrenzy plot machine myself and some of the ideas it gave me were downright crazy and fun! Such a fun tool.
big_smile.png

I haven't worked mine out yet, but it is going to involve a young woman who moves to a haunted house. Not too original, but it is my first time doing this. I need to work up to my creative juices!

Quote:
Sounds cool!

Mine is about a young shopkeeper-in-training who has to help the army of animal people win a war against the Evil Empire in 8 months, otherwise they're all conquered.

I'm home! Good trip, great weather for chili on Saturday, and one of our favorite cook offs. Held at a Harley dealership in Kingston, NY. I took 1st place Salsa, and 2nd in Chili Verde! Go, me!!! LOL

Anyway, now I can start to think about my NaNovel in earnest. And I should be getting my new laptop tonight! Keep fingers crossed that they haven't sold out of them by the time we get there!!

I have a tentative title, "Hellbent," and I think I'm going for a bit of a tongue-in-cheek story this year. About a small town where the mayor's wife has made a deal with the devil to take over the town, and a young woman and her son who move into town. He and the three friends he makes in town find out what's going on and the boys turn out to be the avenging angels who are there to battle the devil's minions. I know, doesn't sound funny when I type it, does it? But I'm going to try for a sort of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles feel to the whole thing. We'll see if I can carry that off over 50,000 words!

Back
Top Bottom