The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I went to tractor supply yesterday and was THINKING about getting some pullets even though I just hatched my own chicks LOL. I did resist the chicks, but they had the little giant and turner both on sale 35 each. My fiance has been trying to make a homemade one but we haven't got it stable and I thought the little giant might make a great hatcher and the turner I got to be a backup... My turner is kinda iffy and they're supposed to be sending me another motor. I saw the numbers on the guesses for how many eggs set is that for everyone?

Guess the #eggs all participants will set combined.
smile.png

I guess I got lost in the posts, so here we go again.

I'm thinking about setting whatever eggs Ducky lays by the set date for mallard derived ducks, my only problem is that I've never hatched duck eggs, so I have no idea what to do. Should I do anything different while incubating the duck eggs? Is it true that they're move forgiving of humidity than chicken eggs? Do I really need to cool the eggs daily? Also, does anyone know what the ducklings will look like when they hatch? They're Pekin/Mallard cross. I read somewhere on here that they're sex-linked, but I have no idea if I should believe that. Any help is appreciated!

I'm thinking about setting whatever eggs Ducky lays by the set date for mallard derived ducks, my only problem is that I've never hatched duck eggs, so I have no idea what to do. Should I do anything different while incubating the duck eggs? Is it true that they're move forgiving of humidity than chicken eggs? Do I really need to cool the eggs daily? Also, does anyone know what the ducklings will look like when they hatch? They're Pekin/Mallard cross. I read somewhere on here that they're sex-linked, but I have no idea if I should believe that. Any help is appreciated!
Sorry to not respond. I am hatching Pekins and Runners now and what I found out was to keep humidity at 50% but that they can be dry hatched too. They take 28 days and will sit for 2 days with the pip. Lockdown is 70 to 75% at lockdown.

I just popped mine into my Brinsea with the other eggs.

Good luck!

Sorry to not respond. I am hatching Pekins and Runners now and what I found out was to keep humidity at 50% but that they can be dry hatched too. They take 28 days and will sit for 2 days with the pip. Lockdown is 70 to 75% at lockdown.

I just popped mine into my Brinsea with the other eggs.

Good luck!
Thanks Ron!

Sorry, Raz but, "LAWDY! Miz Scarlette, I'z don't know nuthin' 'bout birthin' no duckies..."
tongue.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom