The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
jesshan - Finally got a picture of the girl I hatched from you last Easter hatch-along

Daughter named her Lily. She lays some nice big brown eggs.
smile.png

Oh I know.... Money for the eggs and then feed for the eggs!!!!! Since we have the eggs on hand, unless they sell, which is preferable for us, because I then have to feed the little ones..... .....OOOOhhhhh I see you havve swedish flower hens.... they are so pretty..... and a wide range of available eggs, Really nice selections! Well, I'm literally critter poor on the farm! Now to go back and do afternoon chores!

With T-33 days left before set day, I do believe that we are going to need some Fun Chicken Facts to Fill our days.

There are over 25 Billion Chickens currently in existence which is more than 3 times the 7 Billion Human Population! 3 Billion in China alone. Look out Chicken Domination! Soon to be even greater after the BYC Easter Hatch along.
AWESOME!
jumpy.gif
I'm in!!!
jumpy.gif
This is my first time so we will see how it goes. I am planning on making a homemade incubator!
YOU WILL HAVE FUN and be so proud of it!! YAY!!! I love our coolerbator!!!
Awesome, if I can ever get the temp spikes to stop in my bator, I am in :)
I wonder whats up, is the thermostat giving up?

Ok silly question for Sally Sunshine, or anyone else! When you are using a separate hatcher can we use a LG still air incubator and if so do we need to open it once a day during lockdown for air exchange or do you keep it completely closed and just put more air vents in the top? My son wants to try having a separate hatcher and I have not made the decision yet on which type of incubator we are going to upgrade too. I'm thinking Brinsea but I just looked at another that I am debating so for now we are using our hovorbator and thinking about the old LG for hatching this round! We want to have our new set up for the Easter hatch but want to practice now just in case!! Our eggs go in lockdown tomorrow night and I have the LG ready just need to know if we leave it shut or need to open for airflow?? I know silly question but this could actually explain a lot about our past hatches lol!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom