11uj6fk.gif
11uj6fk.gif
11uj6fk.gif
11uj6fk.gif
11uj6fk.gif
11uj6fk.gif
11uj6fk.gif
11uj6fk.gif

My cabinet incubator is popping like pop corn. Didn't expect it to be that many, They are jumping out of the trays on to the bottom of the incubator. Can't see in so I'm giving them a little more time.

One of 33 chicks hatched yesterday...a wheaten Americauna little girl (I think). DD staged an Easter pic to share :)

Last edited:
Has anyone had eggs set at the same time in the same incubator hatch at completely different times? 16/18 of my EE eggs have already hatched (started Friday. finished early this am), but only 1 of 10 of the Ameraucana eggs has hatched (early this am) and I am not seeing any more pips. I know that they were all growing before lockdown... Whats the deal??!!

Happy Easter everyone !!! And congrats on all the new baby's !
jumpy.gif

Our first duckling ( my daughter's claimed him as hers already lol ) Have one more working on hatching . I made an oops with these guys and left them sitting out to long when I misted them and ended up with 2 out 18 making it to lockdown. Also have 3 of my own bantam mix hatched another pipped waiting on one more to pip
smile.png
So darling! Duckling and daughter

Has anyone had eggs set at the same time in the same incubator hatch at completely different times? 16/18 of my EE eggs have already hatched (started Friday. finished early this am), but only 1 of 10 of the Ameraucana eggs has hatched (early this am) and I am not seeing any more pips. I know that they were all growing before lockdown... Whats the deal??!!

I'm in the same boat.
Earl has been in the brooder for 15 hours and the second one just hatched! I'm leaving the second one in the bator a bit longer in the hopes that his chirping will entice the others out of their shells. I also have 3 types of eggs in the bator and both that have hatched were shipped.
Good luck to you and the Ameraucanas! I hope they hatch soon!

I'm in the same boat.
Earl has been in the brooder for 15 hours and the second one just hatched! I'm leaving the second one in the bator a bit longer in the hopes that his chirping will entice the others out of their shells. I also have 3 types of eggs in the bator and both that have hatched were shipped.
Good luck to you and the Ameraucanas! I hope they hatch soon!
Thanks, good luck too! I am bummed because I was going to keep the Amer's to start my own breeding flock. I was planning on selling all of the EEs. Of course they hatched really well! Plus, all of my eggs came locally, so they really should be hatching. No shipped eggs. Ugh.

Correction to hatch totals! See below

My Easter Hatch:

Set:

4 duck eggs
3 bantam eggs
34 barnyard mix chickens

41 eggs total

Day 18:

Discarded 4 clear from the barnyard mix chickens.

Lockdown:

4 duck eggs
3 bantam eggs
30 barnyard mix chickens

37 eggs total to lockdown.

Hatch:

0 ducks
2 bantams
21 barnyard mix

2 more barnyard mix hatched since I posted this earlier.

23 chicks total.
25 chicks total.

Now I'm going out of town for easter. Tonight when I get home I'll let you know if any more late hatchers have arrived.

I still have the unhatched eggs in the hatcher but I am not really expecting anymore to hatch.

They are so cute ! What breed are they ? Yeah, they do silly things sometimes...but you ain't seen nuttin' yet -- wait 'til they grow up ! So amusing, chickens are ! You will love them, I am sure. I have had chickens for over 50 years, and have never grown tired of them or their antics. I hope your little darlings turn out to be hens !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom