The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tomorrow I start collecting eggs for the "5th Annual", hope my flock likes the idea of your contest and produces !!!
old.gif

Good morning I would like to join the hatch along! I have lavender ameraucana and F3 Olive Eggers! It's my first hatch along so I hope I can keep up. Hello everyone from PA!

I think BYC here needs to create their own station for basic tv and cable. It would be documentaries of chickens, hatch cams, chicken facts breeds and more.....we need to let someone know about our idea so more people in the world will keep chickens!

anyways, who creadted BYC in the first place? ive never known.... sally, do you know?
Brief history of BYC is found here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/9631/backyardchickens-com-history/0_100

New chick condo

There is a brooder on the top right side with wire and a door also I can clip a heat lamp for them
The lower portion is one long brooder with 2 doors in the front, though there is a slot to place a divider in the middle to section off the bottom into 2 separate areas. So 3 brooders in total with a feed shelf to the top right. All the hay is placed above the feed shelf area. There is an additional brooder up high above the top right side brooder, it was previously built and placed up top on its side and extra waterers and feeders are stored in it also. To the entire left side of the unti I will build extra shelves extending out to store all the extras like medical supplies and DE sevin dust feed cups etc.

Tomorrow I plan to move my 11week olds out to it, finally.

Very nice!

tomorrow I start collecting eggs for the "5th Annual", hope my flock likes the idea of your contest and produces !!!
old.gif
I hope you are able to collect lots of eggs.

Good morning I would like to join the hatch along! I have lavender ameraucana and F3 Olive Eggers! It's my first hatch along so I hope I can keep up. Hello everyone from PA!
Welcome!

Can we set eggs slightly not on the right day? Could even be a few days late for me I guess. I was expecting to have my hatching eggs for this contest shipped on Monday, but I was just told they won't get shipped until today, Priority mail. The mail has been slow lately, so I'm also worried that the eggs will sit in transit over the weekend too. Kinda bummed. Don't really have a backup either. These are duck eggs.

sad.png

Last edited:

frow.gif
Hello fellow Pa'er!! I've seen you over on Pa Unite, I think.
Can we set eggs slightly not on the right day? Could even be a few days late for me I guess. I was expecting to have my hatching eggs for this contest shipped on Monday, but I was just told they won't get shipped until today, Priority mail. The mail has been slow lately, so I'm also worried that the eggs will sit in transit over the weekend too. Kinda bummed. Don't really have a backup either. These are duck eggs.

My Call Duck Eggs from North Carolina, and Florida are being shipped today. I'll have them Fri. or Sat. Set day for Calls is Monday the 24th. I don't want to wait any longer than necessary to set them, so I may set a day early. But I'll have my own Call eggs I can set on Monday. Wondering if I should stagger them or not?
idunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom